Tiger Woods/Ozzie Guillen bet?

Flash Tizzle

Before switching over to the Cubs game their was a preview of a later addition of Sportsnite. It was discussed that Woods answered Guillen's call that he, Ozzie, could hit par on a gulf course before Tiger could record a hit off a major league pitcher. Not sure of the exact answer, but I don't see why Tiger would reject a friendly invitation.

If such a bet were to actually occur, odds obviously are against Guillen.. Tiger has a MUCH better chance of hitting one pitch than Guillen does of hitting par. Nevertheless, it would be entertaining as hell to watch. Probably could raise some money for charity.

Guillen better have some golf experience to atleast make it interesting. If Woods would be legimately interested, I would have Bobby Jenks throw against him. Have Garland or Vazquez throw and he may actually hit a HR.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 08:11 PM)
Tiger has a MUCH better chance of hitting one pitch than Guillen does of hitting par.

If your wording is right, then it would be more than just hitting a pitch, it would be recording a hit, meaning getting past fielders.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
Before switching over to the Cubs game their was a preview of a later addition of Sportsnite. It was discussed that Woods answered Guillen's call that he, Ozzie, could hit par on a gulf course before Tiger could record a hit off a major league pitcher.

:huh

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 07:11 PM)
Guillen better have some golf experience to atleast make it interesting. If Woods would be legimately interested, I would have Bobby Jenks throw against him. Have Garland or Vazquez throw and he may actually hit a HR.

If you saw him no the Big Break thing they filmed, you'd know that Guillen has no shot.

That being said, the bet is skewed. Getting a single hit against a major league pitcher isn't equivalent to shooting par. Shooting par would be about equivalent to hitting about .220 for an extended period.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
If your wording is right, then it would be more than just hitting a pitch, it would be recording a hit, meaning getting past fielders.

Well, this is based entirely off a ten second teaser. I may be off on details, but I said what was given. I took 'hit' as an actual hit with defenders as well, which makes it odd to imagine a situation where you'd risk putting out players for an exhibition.

Who knows if anything actually happens, or how this alleged bet is judged. Do Guillen and Woods continue playing until either completes their end of the bet? I just found it rather interesting.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Tiger would easily get 1 hit before Ozzie shot par unless Ozzie is pretty close to scratch as a golfer right now. A lot of my friends are pretty good and play a ton, and they NEVER shoot par. Thats after playing 15-20 years. Tiger would get a broken bat hit, or some sort of cheapie in 15 years.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
Tiger would easily get 1 hit before Ozzie shot par unless Ozzie is pretty close to scratch as a golfer right now. A lot of my friends are pretty good and play a ton, and they NEVER shoot par. Thats after playing 15-20 years. Tiger would get a broken bat hit, or some sort of cheapie in 15 years.

I was assuming they meant par on a hole, not par over 18 cause you got to be very very good to get par on a typical 18 hole course. I like to play golf and play it quite often (well just picked it up again) but unless I'm playing an executive (shorter/easier course) I wouldn't even come close and I've never ever shot par over that many.

But shooting par over 18 holes would be like having a .250 average for a complete MINOR league season.

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 02:02 AM)
But being an Indian fan going to a Sox fansite to call Ozzie Guillen a "f***ing dumbass" is fun and games?

Good to know. Nice priorities.

That's qwerty, you god damn NOOB. :D

He's the illest Cleveland Indians fan in the history of Cleveland Indians fans.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 10:39 PM)

Jim has a 2 handicap and can not hit a 90mph fastball. It's apples and oranges.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 11:53 PM)
I was assuming they meant par on a hole, not par over 18 cause you got to be very very good to get par on a typical 18 hole course. I like to play golf and play it quite often (well just picked it up again) but unless I'm playing an executive (shorter/easier course) I wouldn't even come close and I've never ever shot par over that many.

But shooting par over 18 holes would be like having a .250 average for a complete MINOR league season.

I thought it was par on a hole. I heard the interview last night.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:30 AM)
He's golfing with apples and hitting 90mph oranges??

Weird guy... :wacko:

LMAO.. :lolhitting

Jim had always said he could hit a fastball... "how hard can it be...? " Famous last words. Twice he's been pitched MLB pitching and both times he's been humbled. But he can drive a golf ball 300 yards, chip in from a bunker, and make a 40 foot putt.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
LMAO.. :lolhitting

Jim had always said he could hit a fastball... "how hard can it be...? " Famous last words. Twice he's been pitched MLB pitching and both times he's been humbled. But he can drive a golf ball 300 yards, chip in from a bunker, and make a 40 foot putt.

pfft....I did all that Tuesday at Willow Crest, 5 pars and a bird and still shot a 95...try to have him top that!!!!!!! It ain't easy to be that inconsistent!!

As far as major league pitching...never tried, but I would love to be humbled some day.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:16 AM)
pfft....I did all that Tuesday at Willow Crest, 5 pars and a bird and still shot a 95...try to have him top that!!!!!!! It ain't easy to be that inconsistent!!

As far as major league pitching...never tried, but I would love to be humbled some day.

Jim would slit his wrists if he hit a 95. :ph34r:

He's a pretty regular par to 77 golfer. I keep trying to get him to go to Q-School. I think I'd make a good tour wife. ;)