Hermanson could be back by the end of the month...

bjm676

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:46 AM)
According to a fan on another Sox site:

Hermanson pitched an inning for Charlotte last night. 12 pitches, 8 strikes. 1 ground ball, two fly balls, no walks. It's a start.

Correct. He still has a ways to go but like you said it's a start and it's nice to see him out there again.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:21 AM)
I wonder if we will see Politte dropped for Hermanson if the back holds up for Dustin?

I would think so but I think the Sox are going to have to see Dustin perform for a little while before they make a decision like that.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:46 AM)
According to a fan on another Sox site:

Hermanson pitched an inning for Charlotte last night. 12 pitches, 8 strikes. 1 ground ball, two fly balls, no walks. It's a start.

lol that fan was me.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
So who gets sent where in the meantime?

Well I meant see Dustin perform a while in the minors. Basically, I don't expect him to just have a few appearances down there, I think you might see him in Charlotte for a few weeks. I'm sure Kenny is going to want to see him pitch in Charlotte as well. If he likes what he sees then maybe he'll be up quicker. Who knows but that's jmo.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:40 AM)
Well I meant see Dustin perform a while in the minors. Basically, I don't expect him to just have a few appearances down there, I think you might see him in Charlotte for a few weeks. I'm sure Kenny is going to want to see him pitch in Charlotte as well. If he likes what he sees then maybe he'll be up quicker. Who knows but that's jmo.

The plan was to have him pitch every other day until the AAA all-star break and then evaluate from there.

For DBA on the Denorfia front

a nice play out in LF on 09/16/05

and his first career hit a HR on 09/09/05 both here.

Seriously it blows my mind how the reds are just letting him rot down at AAA he can play anywhere in the OF, and he turns 26 in 8 days. Hes currently batting .349, 34RBI, 4HR, 28BB/30SO, 14SB/1CS, .408OBP wow.

I've got a question for people on this board, What do you think of Youkillis as a lead off hitter? If your a proponet of Youkillis as a lead off hitter would you be open to someone like Denforia batting lead off for say the sox next year?

just throwing it out there.

Whatever happens, Hermanson has earned a spot on my list of herooooooes.

QUOTE(beautox @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 01:57 PM)
For DBA on the Denorfia front

a nice play out in LF on 09/16/05

and his first career hit a HR on 09/09/05 both here.

Seriously it blows my mind how the reds are just letting him rot down at AAA he can play anywhere in the OF, and he turns 26 in 8 days. Hes currently batting .349, 34RBI, 4HR, 28BB/30SO, 14SB/1CS, .408OBP wow.

I've got a question for people on this board, What do you think of Youkillis as a lead off hitter? If your a proponet of Youkillis as a lead off hitter would you be open to someone like Denforia batting lead off for say the sox next year?

just throwing it out there.

I might be the only one, but I wouldn't object to more Pods.

I think Denorfia is an interesting prospect, though.

eww more pods lol, seriously though as has been stated numerous times by Kalapse pods is horrid out in LF, older/slower and getting a lil bit more $$$. If we could get Denforia for say Politte+Montero+Tracey or something of that nature, id say pull the trigger. Denforia looks to be Youkillis and then some with the ability to steal more bags, and hit for the same amout of power and avg, all the while drawing a ton of walks nearly a 1k/bb ratio, thats impressive.

have Denforia move to LF, Fields to 2B, and eventually sweeny takes over RF and the #2 spot in the lineup, all the while keeping the white sox young, cheap and incredibly talented. Doing what the Yankees failed to do after their last dynasty.

Sean Tracey?

I'm excited at the prospect of Dustin possibly returning. All we need is someone for mop up duty who wont s*** the bed, if Dustin can give us a career average year from him that would be wonderful.

a 4.21ERA & 1.36 WHIP would suffice.

im watching dustin on milb game day, 3 pitches 1 ground out thus far, go dustin!

another ground out on 3 pitches, hes thrown 6 pitches 5 for stikes, looks like hes comanding the zone.

and a strike out, nice work Dustin!, 2 ground outs 1 strike out. 10 pitches 8 for strikes, and from what i can gather from game day he was controling the strike zone.

Edited by beautox