Franchise Record

RockRaines

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jul 5, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
Good news, but I find it hard to believe the park didn't sell-out more games the year it opened--was it '92?

It used to hold 6,000-7,000 more people. They most likely will not get to 3 million this season, but they will be very close.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 12:11 AM)
It used to hold 6,000-7,000 more people. They most likely will not get to 3 million this season, but they will be very close.

Cool. I attended a game at "New Comiskey" in '93 I believe , when I was 10 years old. I remember being amazed at the escalators, after my dad had schooled me well on the steps at Comiskey.

I remember it being packed and that s*** about the escalators, but not much else.

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 08:13 AM)
Does anyone know of a website which shows the current number of sellouts for each MLB team? I would think the White Sox would be near the top in that category.

The Sox will have 25 at the All-Star break. Very impressive!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance which is total attendance. I doubt we have the highest number of sellouts.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 08:30 AM)
Big Cecil spanking Blackjack...

Ah yes...I remember it well...

Didn't perennial .170 hitter Rob Deere jack one that day?

These sell-out numbers are great to see. The ballpark has really been jumping this year. Unfortunately, so have the bathrooms! :bang

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 07:58 AM)
21 out of 44, pretty freakin' impressive. I also saw that the Sox are at 87.2% capacity for the season.

That 87.2 is misleading. The Sox dole out more comps than just about any MLB team. Those don't get counted in the attendance figure, so sellouts are never 100% full or even 99% full. The actual percentage of capacity number or percentage of tickets sold vs. tickets available number is quite a bit higher. This attendance has really surprised me. I would have thought 2.7 million would be excellent. They will blow that away. It most likely will be above 2.9 million but less than 3 million. The fact that Detroit is playing well helps sell the extra tickets to those games.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 08:36 AM)
That 87.2 is misleading. The Sox dole out more comps than just about any MLB team. Those don't get counted in the attendance figure, so sellouts are never 100% full or even 99% full. The actual percentage of capacity number or percentage of tickets sold vs. tickets available number is quite a bit higher. This attendance has really surprised me. I would have thought 2.7 million would be excellent. They will blow that away. It most likely will be above 2.9 million but less than 3 million. The fact that Detroit is playing well helps sell the extra tickets to those games.

yea I just got some tickets to see detroit in august and they cost 60$ a ticket because the entire series sold out :)