Why vote for AJ?

Steve9347

You just have to love the White Sox Marketing Department.

from Whitesox.com

Here are the 12 reason why A.J. should go to this year's All-Star Game. But he can only get there with your help, so vote now, and vote often!

12) Because how can you not vote for a guy who kissed the World Series trophy, a dolphin and Oprah all in the same year?

11) Because of last Saturday's game-winning home run against the Cubs.

10) Because if the American League wants to win, it's smart to have a guy who hits .356 in the late innings and .571 with the bases loaded...and hasn't been on a losing team in five seasons.

9) Because you have to love a guy who names his daughter A.J.

8) Because National League fans need someone to boo.

7) Because one of his lifelong dreams is to water ski on the Monongahela River.

6) Because let's face it: The Sox don't play the Cubs again this season, so if you don't "Punch A.J." now, he might have to wait until next summer.

5) Because he would be the only two-sport star in the game (pro wrestling and baseball).

4) Because the last time he was an All-Star, the game ended in a tie…and he won't let that happen again!

3) Because...did we mention his game-winning home run against the Cubs last Saturday?

2) Because an All-Star Game without A.J. Pierzynski is like a Polish sausage without the...Polish.

1) Because we all know he can take a punch.

Edited by Steve9347

Guest JimH

Nicely done by the marketing department.

Pierzynski has really become kind of a folk hero. I remember Harrelson at SoxTalk saying how much the fans would love him and recall thinking "maybe" ... but Harrelson was as right as could be.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:05 AM)
Nicely done by the marketing department.

Pierzynski has really become kind of a folk hero. I remember Harrelson at SoxTalk saying how much the fans would love him and recall thinking "maybe" ... but Harrelson was as right as could be.

AJ is awesome. I wonder if he's considering a career managing after baseball. I sure wouldn't mind him leading the Sox after Ozzie's done!

Guest JimH
AJ is awesome. I wonder if he's considering a career managing after baseball.

The way it's going, maybe Senator, Congressman, or Jerry Springer's replacement. :bang

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
still voting for liriano... ?

:angry:

I voted for him once. He's good. He could help the AL win the all-star game and have home field advantage for the world series. Not that AJ couldnt but.

All i was saying is that I want AJ to win and i probably voted for him 50 times or so. BUT if he loses i want Lriano cause he's good.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)
I voted for him once. He's good. He could help the AL win the all-star game and have home field advantage for the world series. Not that AJ couldnt but.

All i was saying is that I want AJ to win and i probably voted for him 50 times or so. BUT if he loses i want Lriano cause he's good.

No offense, but that's it?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
No offense, but that's it?

well that was yesterday. I've been voting all day. ALso been voting for Chris Young, cause i think he'll get rocked in the all-star game.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
If AJ loses by 5 votes, guess who is gonna get the blame?

AJP will get the blame, he ALWAYS does. "Damn that little b**** for not voting for himself 5 times!!!!!!!!! DIE AJP!"

That's how it'll go down :P :P

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 11:46 AM)

Until the game happens you don't know who you need more. An extra hitter or pitcher.

So I side on the fact that AJ is a White Sox and I want him in there.

:gosox1:

I hope he doesn't lose by one vote... :rolly

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 12:41 PM)
If AJ loses by 5 votes, guess who is gonna get the blame?

Im gonna vote an extra 15 times more than im gonna just to cover all my bases. Id advise that everybody do the same. Dont want to be the bad guy.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 01:31 PM)
Im gonna vote an extra 15 times more than im gonna just to cover all my bases. Id advise that everybody do the same. Dont want to be the bad guy.

And if he loses by 16, you'll still get the blame. :P

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 01:11 PM)
AJP will get the blame, he ALWAYS does. "Damn that little b**** for not voting for himself 5 times!!!!!!!!! DIE AJP!"

That's how it'll go down :P :P

AJP doesn't get the blame, he roundhouse kicks it.