Satellite just keeps growing...

tonyho7476

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
Its a question of bandwidth...

that makes sense

And it sounds like you'd be more of an IPod kind of person.

Definitely, but my mom didn't win a free iPod to give me! I didn't even have the antenna hooked up in my car for 3 years. I just hooked it back up this spring so I could listen to Sox games.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 02:15 PM)
Definitely, but my mom didn't win a free iPod to give me! I didn't even have the antenna hooked up in my car for 3 years. I just hooked it back up this spring so I could listen to Sox games.

Well, then this whole mess is your mom's fault! :P

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Well, then this whole mess is your mom's fault! :P

Yeah, I think I'll end up enjoying grilling on the $1700 Weber she one a little more :)

Still, I can see how people really do enjoy Sirius. I think my taste is just a bit too eclectic and slightly "off" to truely enjoy it. And if I bought a new car with it pre-installed, I could see how I might be swayed "since its already there."

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
Yes sir. I have it installed in my boat my 6 component speakers, and 2 bazooka tubes pumping decent bass. Im an audiophile.

I know some people who would want you hanged for calling a system with bazooka tubes "audiophile" :bang

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
I know some people who would want you hanged for calling a system with bazooka tubes "audiophile" :bang

Well, considering they are very ideal for boat systems due to the moisture and space issues, I would say those people dont really know marine audio. If you would like to look at the system in my car, that is another issue. Thanks

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
Well, to be honest, the sports, news, and talk don't interest me too much so I don't really miss them. I wonder why they don't broadcast them online?

I've jumped around channels, and I'll occasionally wander on down to UG.

I guess I was a little harsh on Sirius, but I am disappointed in the repeats. Its not enough to make me stop listening for free, but it hasn't convinced me to start paying $10 a month once this free period runs out.

I can kind of relate. I listened to the music a bit when I first got it before Howard switched over and the channels I listened to I found I was hearing a lot of the same stuff. But now with Howard and the comedy channels and the Playboy channel (hummana, hummana... ;) ) I rarely listen to the music channels so when I do it's less repeats.

Additionally, I have both Sirius and XM, and the music choices/selections on Sirius are way better than XM. XM's nitch is baseball. They have made a killing with it and I love it because if that alone.

I've found the quality on Sirius' music stations to be subpar in comparison with XM. XM on many of their channels does at least have some on-air personalities rather than the radio jukebox that most of Sirius channels have been - at least as far as my limited radio experience has been.

If what I listened to radio for was just music - I'd probably go satellite - but I'm one of those dorks who listens for a total package. It's not enough to have music, I need a personality to bring it all together. When I find it, I listen to it all the time. When I don't, well I use my CD player more and more.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)
I've found the quality on Sirius' music stations to be subpar in comparison with XM. XM on many of their channels does at least have some on-air personalities rather than the radio jukebox that most of Sirius channels have been - at least as far as my limited radio experience has been.

If what I listened to radio for was just music - I'd probably go satellite - but I'm one of those dorks who listens for a total package. It's not enough to have music, I need a personality to bring it all together. When I find it, I listen to it all the time. When I don't, well I use my CD player more and more.

Total personal pref. I can't stand the talking so I'd rather hear all music. I go from one extreme to the other as far as listening to music. Sometimes I buy a CD and love it so much it's all I listen to for weeks. Drives Jim nuts. LOL.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:25 AM)
Total personal pref. I can't stand the talking so I'd rather hear all music. I go from one extreme to the other as far as listening to music. Sometimes I buy a CD and love it so much it's all I listen to for weeks. Drives Jim nuts. LOL.

We should start a "Grinder Rules-esque" list of "What Drives Jim Nuts" :lol:

#99 Don't just play your CD...OVERplay it!

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:25 AM)

I think most people prefer it actually. As much as having your own music is nice, having a show to identify with is better. The problem is, with the ability to entertain yourself increasing, radio has been inexplicably putting people on who can't entertain. I don't understand that.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:24 PM)

If you read XM fan sites...you'll hear a lot of...I don't need DJs like at Sirius. So I got the impression that Sirius had more DJs than XM. When I listen to the Big 80s channel...I like that Sirius has the original MTV V-JAYs. Not sure why...its just cool to me.