GAME THREAD 7-6-06 SOX vs Orioles

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
BTW, Dustin had an inning of scoreless relief in AAA.

Got any more stats? Pitches? Strikes? Balls? Hits? Walks? Wonder where I can find them.

But this is very encouraging news!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
BTW, Dustin had an inning of scoreless relief in AAA.

If the Sox count on Hermanson at all this year, they will be in trouble. My best cast scenerio for him this season is Politte-like. Dustin is trying, I commend him for that, but if he's not 100% he will get killed.

Hawk and DJ really building up Tejada there. Hmmmm... Do they know something?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
If the Sox count on Hermanson at all this year, they will be in trouble. My best cast scenerio for him this season is Politte-like. Dustin is trying, I commend him for that, but if he's not 100% he will get killed.

You mean kill-t.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)

Ozzie said he's not counting on him at all, but we have to at least give him a shot IF, and that's a big if, he is healthy. BIg ups to him for working so hard this first half of the year to try and make it back, and if he's healthy, we owe him at least a shot, even if it's just for garbage time at the end of our bullpen, which is what it would be.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:31 PM)
Ozzie said he's not counting on him at all, but we have to at least give him a shot IF, and that's a big if, he is healthy. BIg ups to him for working so hard this first half of the year to try and make it back, and if he's healthy, we owe him at least a shot, even if it's just for garbage time at the end of our bullpen, which is what it would be.

I have no problem with giving him a shot and the mop-up role Politte can't seem to handle. Hopefully, KW acquires someone better. Its nice to be sentimental, but I'd rather win. I totally agree about his effort. Most would take the money and go home.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 09:34 PM)
I keep thinking there's no way this offense can keep scoring runs like this but they're just not slowing down.

I know. They are even scoring more now. That Capuano character shut out the Cubs again. He's 3-0 against them this year and hasn't allowed a run in 26 innings.