Hacking All-Star Voting

I heard someone call the score the other day saying he had a friend who "hacked" the all star game voting and voted like 800 times. Anyone knwo how this was done? To be 100% honest, I have no intention of actually doing that, the geek in me is just curious how.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
I heard someone call the score the other day saying he had a friend who "hacked" the all star game voting and voted like 800 times. Anyone knwo how this was done? To be 100% honest, I have no intention of actually doing that, the geek in me is just curious how.

I have seen some people with some creative ideas, using javascript to autofill in some of the fields, but nothing so far that gets around the validation code. You can autovote, however without the validation code attached to it, the transaction wont be counted. The validation code is a gliph, a randomly generated flash image. Is it possible for someone to write some logic around it, to scrape the image, then have some other logic make sense of it to autofill in something. Sure, is it likely that its some guy who called into a show to brag who doesnt know s***, probably. I am seen some research in the security community and some sample code about gettting around image driven validation codes. But as is it works in real life, most of the people who jockey with the self-proclaimed tag of "hacker" barely know anything about computer security, coding, or how any of it works.

Most likely it was some kid, pumping his chest out, making himself seem really cool on a radio show.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 02:26 PM)
Or you can just highlight the validation code, copy and paste it into the text box, then click vote again, then click alt+left arrow and do the same thing all over again.

If you're using firefox and have the autofill feature on, the alt+left arrow deal is not even necessary.