Official Game Thread 7/7 - Sawx vs Sox 7:35

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 11:09 PM)
The Sox already faced BJ Ryan, who is every bit as good as Papelbon and they got a run off him, so yeah, they have.

Right. But here is the thing with that game. Jon Gibbons (BJ manager) pannicked and put Ryan out there in the 8th. Ryan ended up working 2 full innings. Ryan mowed down 4 guys, I remember seeing the look on AJ's face after he K'd, he said he just didn't know how to hit the guy. With Ryan's style of pitching, he eventually is going to tire, especially for two innings of work. I was not surprised when the White Sox tied the game. It was obvious Ryan was really tired. But, if you are down by 2 runs in the top of the 9th against Ryan who is fresh coming out of the bullpen - do you feel that confident? Same argument applies to Papelbon, I will be really surprised this evening if he gives up a run. But to each their own.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
Right. But here is the thing with that game. Jon Gibbons (BJ manager) pannicked and put Ryan out there in the 8th. Ryan ended up working 2 full innings. Ryan mowed down 4 guys, I remember seeing the look on AJ's face after he K'd, he said he just didn't know how to hit the guy. With Ryan's style of pitching, he eventually is going to tire, especially for two innings of work. I was not surprised when the White Sox tied the game. It was obvious Ryan was really tired. But, if you are down by 2 runs in the top of the 9th against Ryan who is fresh coming out of the bullpen - do you feel that confident? Same argument applies to Papelbon, I will be really surprised this evening if he gives up a run. But to each their own.

Do you ever feel "real" confident going up against any closer with a sub 1 ERA?

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
Greg Walker: "If you get ahead in the count ... say 3-0, ... always swing ... don't be afraid to help a guy out with control problems"

Juan Uribe: "Que?"

Greg Walker: "Swing swing swing swing swing swing swing swing swing!"

:lolhitting

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
He's been rolling over a lot of pitches. I think the ASB will do him well, as hopefully he'll get some bat speed back.

He has over a 1.000 OPS in his last like 20 games. Why would time off do him well?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
Yes, we understand. You don't think he's an all-star. You dont' have to keep saying it everytime he gives up a hit. We know what you think.

My bad. I'll PM you with each idea for a post and get your approval before I actually post it.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:27 AM)
He has over a 1.000 OPS in his last like 20 games. Why would time off do him well?

Because you can tell in the last week, he's not comfortable at the plate. Never did I say he's doing bad.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
My bad. I'll PM you with each idea for a post and get your approval before I actually post it.

Hey, if you want to be annoying as f***, go for it. I was just letting you know.