Official Game Thread 7/7 - Sawx vs Sox 7:35

Guest JimH
From what I remember, Widger had a better CERA last year than AJ.

And please, enough with the personal s***. You do it way too much.

Maybe quit baiting him then? You do that way too much too. These game threads are out of control, this guy jphat likes to look at the positive side and he challenges all these negative posts and he gets his s*** handed to him all the time. I don't blame him for getting pissed frankly.

Sorry I shouldn't have stuck my nose in, but I have been reading these game threads and ... ahhh forget it.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jake @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:01 AM)
Didn't say it was a trend. As a fan I just don't like seeing a big game come up against a rookie with our ace on the mound and not take advantage of several opportunities against an inexperienced opponent.

I can't believe that after the last 180 games or so, anyone would still consider our ace the guy pitching tonight, and not on Sunday.

QUOTE(soxunited @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:59 PM)
One thing I have noticed with how Ozzie has handled his SP's this season is that he expects them to go very far into the ballgame. He seems determined to get them the win, even if they are faltering at the mound. I don't know if that has anything to do with how they are performing, but it seems like he has overworked his starters in quite a few games when a move to the bullpen would have been a better choice.

100% ACCURATE. I can't believe a Boston fan has seen enough Sox games to notice this.

And Ozzie does this despite having a solid long-man in the bullpen, Brandon McCarthy who started last season and is a good pitcher.

Edited by shoota

Widger's game calling is not the problem. Our starting pitching just hasn't been that good. Mark's meatballs won't fool good hitting teams like the Indians or Red Sox.

That his CERA is higher than AJ's is due to a smaller sample size. He probably hasn't caught Contreras as much as the rest of the other staff.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:02 AM)
Maybe quit baiting him then? You do that way too much too. These game threads are out of control, this guy jphat likes to look at the positive side and he challenges all these negative posts and he gets his s*** handed to him all the time. I don't blame him for getting pissed frankly.

Sorry I shouldn't have stuck my nose in, but I have been reading these game threads and ... ahhh forget it.

I don't understand all the personal attacks tonight. I go back and forth with jphat most nights, and we try to avoid the personal s***. I know things get more heated when we're losing, but this is ridiculous tonight.

Guest JimH
You should know you're not allowed to question anything Ozzie does this year that he did last season.

Oh for chrissakes stop it with this.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)

Haha. Thx, but don't even bother Jim. It gives me a good laugh every night.

Buerhle sucks by the way, didn't you know? :P

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)

Coming from the guy who attacked Gene Honda Civic for no reason the other day. Just saying...

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:04 PM)
I don't understand all the personal attacks tonight. I go back and forth with jphat most nights, and we try to avoid the personal s***. I know things get more heated when we're losing, but this is ridiculous tonight.

Worst I have ever seen it. The mods are gonna be all over this s***.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:04 AM)
Oh for chrissakes stop it with this.

What? Do you know how many times people have said "he did it last year, so why question it"? I thought it was a great point by an unbiased observer.

Guest JimH
Coming from the guy who attacked Gene Honda Civic for no reason the other day. Just saying...

Attacked him?

As usual, you have no clue about what you're talking about.

Grow up ... thanks.

PS - I told him I didn't think his blog was interesting. Boo hoo.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
I can't believe that after the last 180 games or so, anyone would still consider our ace the guy pitching tonight, and not on Sunday.

You're probably right, I just like to think Mark will return to form soon. Remember the off-season days of "5 Aces! WOO!" Lest we forget.

We are losing and playing bad, but guys we are all Sox fans and "message board friends." Just everyone stop the snooty comments and we can all just come down. It's one game and our emotions should not get out of hand because of one poorly played game.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
We are losing and playing bad, but guys we are all Sox fans and "message board friends." Just everyone stop the snooty comments and we can all just come down. It's one game and our emotions should not get out of hand because of one poorly played game.

Personally I love it when the board blows up like this. When we're losing it's far more entertaining to check out the game thread than it is to watch the game.