it is official

cwsox

email just received:

WHITE SOX RECALL AARON ROWAND FROM CLASS AAA CHARLOTTE;

WILLIE HARRIS TO BEGIN REHABILITATION ASSIGNMENT

CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have recalled outfielder Aaron Rowand from Class AAA Charlotte and announced that infielder/outfielder Willie Harris will begin an injury rehabilitation assignment today at Charlotte.

Rowand, 25, was batting .242 (29-120) with nine doubles, three home runs and 13 RBI in 32 games with the Knights. He hit .277 (18-65) over his final 17 games to raise his average from .217 to .242.

Rowand began the season with the White Sox, hitting .133 (8-60) with two RBI in 23 games (16 starts) before being optioned to Charlotte on May 1.

Harris, 24, has been on the disabled list since May 23 with a mild separation of his right shoulder sustained while making a diving catch on May 16 at Minnesota. He has hit .162 (6-37) in 14 games with the Sox since being recalled on May 1 from Charlotte, where he was batting .420 (34-81) in 23 games.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ya know..i figured out what rowand problem is... its the jersey... rowand feels lost without his number....and its messing up his production......... :D maybe we should jump botch and get it back for him... :huh:

Guest hotsoxchick1
Ugh.

Well, atleast we're not welcoming back Ol' Josh Paul.  :fyou

lol thats why we got the new catcher..... so we wont have to....... :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
I don't even have a need for that. Miguel can handle the load all by himself.

no you both missed the joke...... geez us.. never mind. its over now.......well ok.. new catcher and not having to call up josh paul.. you get it now...... :huh: :D

Well from what I heard Rowand botched a ball in center in the ninth inning that lead to a run.  Stupid game was on WCIU, so I'm asking you guys and gals to verify this for me.

I couldn't get the game either, but the Tribune said he misjudged the ball, after being inserted as a defensive replacement.

Well from what I heard Rowand botched a ball in center in the ninth inning that lead to a run.  Stupid game was on WCIU, so I'm asking you guys and gals to verify this for me.

He sure did!!! What happened is that he was playing it waaaaay too shallow, when it really hit against the wall, and he didn't have enough time to get back to get it, so it turned into a double.

I hope Rowand doesn't keep near the Heather Line!!!

He sure did!!!  What happened is that he was playing it waaaaay too shallow, when it really hit against the wall, and he didn't have enough time to get back to get it, so it turned into a double.

Hey Heather, PK is getting there!!! :o

He sure did!!!  What happened is that he was playing it waaaaay too shallow, when it really hit against the wall, and he didn't have enough time to get back to get it, so it turned into a double.

Hey Heather, PK is getting there!!! :o

Try 70 lbs lighter, and then you'd be right.

Heather....gain a few hundred pounds(you know, like around 280) and see if Rowand's average goes up with your weight. Take one for the team! :headbang

If not....I'm sure Carlos likes chunky women. :)

With one swing and hit last night I think Rowand at least equalled the entire RBI output of the CF position for the year. I am not knocking anyone, but maybe AR is ready to play.

Like I've said... he may be as "ready" as anyone, and, under the circumstances, I'd rather have him up here struggling and have Borchard in AAA working on his swing in a lower-pressure situation.