Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
the funny thing is that freddy actually looked good today. they catch that ball and who know what happens. and ortiz? he kills everyone. even when freddy looks good, he still cant win.

Yeah he brought the GAS! today. That 90 MPH fastball is a scorcher!

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Vazquez and Garcia can't start a playoff game. We NEED a starter... it's so ridiculously obvious.

Who the f*** cares about our playoff rotation right now. We're not going to trade for a starting pitcher!!!! When you have nearly 50 million locked up in your rotation this year, if they're not good enough to make the playoffs, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO MAKE IT!

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:04 PM)
Alright smarty. What's your blockbuster trade that we make that shores up the staff for the stretch run?

No unrealistic x-box trade fantasies either please.

i dont know. im not the gm of the sox, they dont pay me. its the truth, our pitching is very bad.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
That's not a formula for winning in the post-season.

Well, to be clear, I was talking about today only.

It's pretty obvious to me that some work needs to be done before the trade deadline, but I'm not sure how much other teams will want to help the Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
Who the f*** cares about our playoff rotation right now. We're not going to trade for a starting pitcher!!!! When you have nearly 50 million locked up in your rotation this year, if they're not good enough to make the playoffs, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO MAKE IT!

everyone keeps saying we cant afford to add more money, well get rid of one of our over paid starters. the mets really want a starter and have been interested in vazquez for a while...

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
As I recall Garcia did just fine last season in the playoffs.

:rolly

he also did just fine in the last regular season. I'm not seeing a magical switch being flicked for him

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
Freddy at 95 pitches. Hopefully Ozzie won't leave him in until he gives up 8 runs, because his ERA is at 4.91. The Sox may actually have 60% of the greatest rotation ever with ERAs over 5.00 at the All Star break.

With the strong hitting teams we face after the ASB, he'll be over 5 in no time.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
This year's version of Garcia is absolutely nothing like last year's. I wish Ozzie would stop kissin' Freddy's ass and call him out.

Isn't Freddy engaged/married to Ozzie's cousin or something?