Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
I 've got to go, you guys are negging me out. Remember guys, these are the Sox your watching, not the Royals.

No offense, but can you even see the games? It's painfully clear that our starters have some serious problems.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:06 PM)
Who the f*** cares about our playoff rotation right now. We're not going to trade for a starting pitcher!!!! When you have nearly 50 million locked up in your rotation this year, if they're not good enough to make the playoffs, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO MAKE IT!

Well, who the f*** cares about the amount of money we have locked up in some part of the team. If they're not doing the job, which they're not, we better be looking for improvements.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
Beckett is waay overrated.

thats what i said, his era is 4.82, he was good in the nl. guess what, the nl f'n sux.

i would still trade javy for beckett though, not that its gunna happen.

If someone showed you what the White Sox offensive numbers would be at the All Star break back before the season started, what kind of odds would you have given that the Tigers wouldn't have a 2 game lead over them?

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 12:13 PM)
No offense, but can you even see the games? It's painfully clear that our starters have some serious problems.

Yes, but it's also painfully clear that they're still the #4 starting staff in the AL despite all those problems. And it'd be pretty hard for them to do worse in the 2nd half than they did in the first.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
I'm not. But even if we do that, we create another hole in the bullpen.

How are you not? What has he done to make us believe otherwise? McCarthy grew up a starter, and it's hard to convert. And don't give me that "Cotts did it" crap, because, yes, it can happen, but its VERY hard.

And as a filler for the bullpen, we could trade some prospects to the Cubs for one of their good relievers. Maybe Hermanson will come back strong? I don't know.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:15 PM)
If someone showed you what the White Sox offensive numbers would be at the All Star break back before the season started, what kind of odds would you have given that the Tigers wouldn't have a 2 game lead over them?

It's funny, but I thought THE SAME FREAKING THING after Thome hit that homer.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
Jim Thome

30 HR

76 RBI

I think we would have been happy if we got that out of him in a full season.

It's July 8th.

YER DAMN RIGHT!!!!

He's gonna top 50 easily this season barring injury.