Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
More runs score.

Seems we can't beat good teams, just like the Tigers.

The "Tigers are nothing to worry about because they can't beat good teams argument" probably won't be brought up anymore now that we're getting our brains beat-in by the Red Sox.

Our pitching just f***ing sucks.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:00 PM)
It wasn't a K situation. There's two outs.

That's what I'm saying....we needed an out, and one strikeout would have done it. As jphat always says, you can't defend the bloopers. That's why sometimes your pitcher needs to nut up and get the K.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
Good thing this game's over right now. We have no chance to come back.

we'll just win it in the 9th off papelbon....its fustrating because u mention how we can score runs. well we have, but everytime we score or get closer, the pitchers f'n give up runs!

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
so....how is it gonna feel being 3 games back?

About the same as it did the numerous other times we've been in that range this season. We've been hovering around the 2.5 mark for a few months it seems. Hopefully the DRays will help us out tonight. The series at NYY is much more important that this one against the Red Sox.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
Good thing this game's over right now. We have no chance to come back.

Heads, I know you're being sarcastic. This game is not even close to being over. But aren't you sick of this team having to battle back from big deficits 3 or 4 times a week? I know I am.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
Agreed. They are the better team right now. No doubt about it. I sure hope we get a chance to play them in October again.

I don't mean this negatively, but it's things like this which really make me appreciate how we won it all last year, when all the chips fell into place. This Red Sox team is so much better than the one we beat last year.