Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 12:46 PM)
NO!

We're more than halfway through the f***ing season. Two guys with ERA's in the 4's, two guys with ERA's in the 5's (maybe 3 after today). They're not getting better.

At what point can we f***ing worry?!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

total aggreance. Our starters have got to get it together.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
NO!

We're more than halfway through the f***ing season. Two guys with ERA's in the 4's, two guys with ERA's in the 5's (maybe 3 after today). They're not getting better.

Whoa calm down. I think I'm going to leave this thread now because it is too depressing.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
You wouldn't trade Garcia for Verlander or Bonderman?

omg, in a heart beat ,lol.

speaking of overrated, josh beckett this season. everyone keeps saying oh, look at the move by the red sox, and how beckett has been great, 10 wins. his era is over 4 1/2

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
Most definitely. It was just my way of congratulating him for flattening out his swing, as I said he had too much of an uppercut last night.

I knew what you meant, fathom.

Just agreeing with you.

:cheers

I think everyone needs to slow their roll on the staff for a minute. Sure our offense is carrying us right now and the staff vastly overachieved last year and are underachieving this year but they will come around.

They will not be able to duplicate last year's numbers but I never expected them to be that great again this year and neither did Kenny and therefore upgraded the offense. Remember...baseball is a LONG season and has many peaks and valleys....no need to jump on and off the bus so quickly.

I still think Verlander's arm will catch up with him later this season.

Would I take Verlander's contract and future over Freddy? Yes. Would I take him for just 2005? I don't know.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:46 PM)
NO!

Put your head between your legs like everybody else and pretend there is no problem.

Edited by Greg The Bull Luzinski

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:48 PM)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

total aggreance. Our starters have got to get it together.

Nobody ever said their performance was stellar but there's no reason to push the panic button just yet. The starters WILL get it together and when you marry that up with our killer offense that = repeat.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:50 PM)
Nobody ever said their performance was stellar but there's no reason to push the panic button just yet. The starters WILL get it together and when you marry that up with our killer offense that = repeat.

At what point is it time to push the panic button? It has to be this month because after that there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.