Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Why would Gar of all people go to the pen. He's been our 2nd best pitcher lately, which just feels awkward to say.

Okay, so I made it up just to keep people loose. So what?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Why would Gar of all people go to the pen. He's been our 2nd best pitcher lately, which just feels awkward to say.

If Garland is going to make a relief appearance, its because of the All Star break. Nothing permanent.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
I wonder if he knows you're usually one of the more optimistic posters.

What do I care about his optimism?

Even pessimists can make good points...although, not often! :P

Telling anyone to hop off a bridge, even when kidding around, is just stupid. I'm sure he doesn't give a flying f*** what you think about the rotation. No one in this thread has said to blow the team up, besides your misguided attempt at humor.

Jesus Christ, fathom. "We need to make some trades, get new pitchers LOLOLOLZ!!!!" "Our pitching can't win in the playoffs!"

None of that is "Let's blow this team up" in different words?

And don't give me such garbage about me telling someone to jump off the bridge. Anyone with a basic understanding of American catchphrases would've understood that I didn't mean that literally. English is your first language, right?

But, why don't you tell me -- where do you get a flying f*** to give?

Is that something you pick up in an airplane, or something?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Yep, way to go from one extreme to another. We're not demanding 1.50 ERAs from our starting pitchers.

LOL. Man, when did the standards around here get so low? Is it to much to ask a guy who's making 10 million dollars a year to keep his era below 4.25?

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
You specifically told me to jump off a bridge. I can't speak for anybody else.

Oh, don't pretend that you haven't got a basic understanding of American phrases. Feel free to take a figure of speech literally, and have a cow while you're at it.

Garland is due to pitch again a week from Tuesday and only threw 95 pitches the other night. I bet he is in the pen tomorrow and next Friday as well.

Send McCarthy to AAA for a week to make a start or two and get some work in.

Bring up a real good defensive outfielder or Tracey for the pen.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
What do I care about his optimism?

Even pessimists can make good points...although, not often! :P

Jesus Christ, fathom. "We need to make some trades, get new pitchers LOLOLOLZ!!!!" "Our pitching can't win in the playoffs!"

None of that is "Let's blow this team up" in different words?

And don't give me such garbage about me telling someone to jump off the bridge. Anyone with a basic understanding of American catchphrases would've understood that I didn't mean that literally. English is your first language, right?

But, why don't you tell me -- where do you get a flying f*** to give?

Is that something you pick up in an airplane, or something?

Thanks for your contributions to discussing actual baseball. I love people a decade younger than myself trying to talk like a smartass to me. I'm done with this conversation with you. :cheers