Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
Oh, don't pretend that you haven't got a basic understanding of American phrases. Feel free to take a figure of speech literally, and have a cow while you're at it.

Have a cow? You're the one having a stroke anytime someone suggests that our pitching is underperforming. Think Kenny is pleased with what he's seen out there of late? Especially when you consider all the money invested in these guys.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
Garland is due to pitch again a week from Tuesday and only threw 95 pitches the other night. I bet he is in the pen tomorrow and next Friday as well.

Send McCarthy to AAA for a week to make a start or two and get some work in.

Bring up a real good defensive outfielder or Tracey for the pen.

I repeat, Sean Tracey is likely not an option ever again for the White Sox. Just trust me on this....as long as Ozzie is our manager, we won't be seeing him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
I repeat, Sean Tracey is likely not an option ever again for the White Sox. Just trust me on this....as long as Ozzie is our manager, we won't be seeing him.

I highly disagree.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
Thanks for your contributions to discussing actual baseball. I love people a decade younger than myself trying to talk like a smartass to me. I'm done with this conversation with you. :cheers

I'm sorry to see that you're not going to tell me where I can find a flying f***. I was quite interested, too, because someday I might want to give one, you know?

you are too young to try to be a smartass

I'm putting you on ignore now.

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
crede pisses me off when he swings like that. he did the same s*** yesterday when he hit into the dp.

You have to take the good with the bad with his protect swing. His K numbers are way down, but he still makes it too easy to get him out on anything other than a fastball with 2 strikes. No real complaints from me about Crede's overall offensive game. I'd be thrilled if we traded Fields and McCarthy and Tracey for someone like Crawford.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
I highly disagree.

Let me just say I have a lot more information than you do on this.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
We might have one less argument against Tiger fans pretty soon if we can't score more runs.

Oh, you mean the weak argument that all their pitchers are just gonna all of a sudden start to suck in August and September?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
Let me just say I have a lot more information than you do on this.

Are you Ozzie's adopted son? Dude, you're Ozzie's adopted son!!! OMG!

I'm just messing. Please don't hate me. :(

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
Oh, you mean the weak argument that all their pitchers are just gonna all of a sudden start to suck in August and September?

No, but that's a good one, too. I meant the argument that the Tigers can't beat good teams, when we've already dropped a series to the Blue Jays and are close to dropping one to the Red Sox.

I'm sure this has been echoed through today's thread, but I'd never thought our pitching staff could look as bad as they have the past few weeks minus some days.

Thru all of Garcia's garbage today, more frustrating was Riske's inning. 2 quick outs, 0-2 on the next guy than breaks down like that gives Boston the lead. Just total frustration.

Good managing having Garland throw and possibly get in the game, IMO.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
I'd be thrilled if we traded Fields and McCarthy and Tracey for someone like Crawford.

^^^^^^^^^^

wow imagine our lineup :o .....well back to reality, 6-5, we need to get this out and get some runs

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
No, but that's a good one, too. I meant the argument that the Tigers can't beat good teams, when we've already dropped a series to the Blue Jays and are close to dropping one to the Red Sox.

I don't even pay attention to that crap. The Tigers have been the best team in baseball to this point. They're here to stay.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
I don't even pay attention to that crap. The Tigers have been the best team in baseball to this point. They're here to stay.

It's amazing how much they resemble us from last season so far.