Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
It sure cost us a lot to get him.

:D haha yea sorta. vizcaino wouldnt look too bad in our pen

:P we traded the wrong guy, who would of thunk it? pollite should of been gone. oh well

ive been real impressed with what ive seen from lowell

>crisp could be 0-50 coming into this series and yet still kill us.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
How has our pitching gotten so much worse in one offseason?

Overuse last season (understandable). Ozzie's also been managing our starters like they were as effective as they were last year, even though they're not. I shudder to think about how bad our pitching would be without Jenks being so freaking good this year.

For some reason, I just have faith in Garland now. Seriously, for like the last 3 or so weeks, I've feel good when hes pitching. Vazquez and Garcia make me nervous though.

WTF Was that Holliday Inn commercial?!?!?!?!?!?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
Overuse last season (understandable). Ozzie's also been managing our starters like they were as effective as they were last year, even though they're not. I shudder to think about how bad our pitching would be without Jenks being so freaking good this year.

The funny part is..at least among the 'experts'...jenks was the sox most unreliable part of the staff.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
For some reason, I just have faith in Garland now. Seriously, for like the last 3 or so weeks, I've feel good when hes pitching. Vazquez and Garcia make me nervous though.

WTF Was that Holliday Inn commercial?!?!?!?!?!?

Weird.

QUOTE(BFirebird @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:53 PM)
The funny part is..at least among the 'experts'...jenks was the sox most unreliable part of the staff.

I thought he was unreliable coming into the year, as we had no track record for how he would perform. Also, the weight/velocity issues were concerning. I will say this though.....it's more exciting watching Jenks pitch than any other pitcher in Sox history (outside of post-surgery Parque).

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
Lowell has had an amazing comeback year.

that award is going to thome though. but yea, he looks awesome, offensively and defensively.

>that allstar game commercial is funny. half the guys didnt even make the team and we have 7 allstars, yet not even one player is in the commercial. u would think atleast thome

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
that award is going to thome though. but yea, he looks awesome, offensively and defensively.

>that allstar game commercial is funny. half the guys didnt even make the team and we have 7 allstars, yet not even one player is in the commercial. u would think atleast thome

I know hahaha. They all have Bonds in them. SUCKS FOR BONDS!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
I thought he was unreliable coming into the year, as we had no track record for how he would perform. Also, the weight/velocity issues were concerning. I will say this though.....it's more exciting watching Jenks pitch than any other pitcher in Sox history (outside of post-surgery Parque).

:lolhitting Especially when Parque faces Mike Cameron.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
wouldn\'t that be funny if we took the lead back at the bottom of this inning and somehow got garland a win? haha

He's dropped his ERA in 5 of his last 7 starts. Granted, it's not toooooooo hard, but he's been pitching well enough lately.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
The all-star break can't get here soon enough. I'm sure they all could use some rest.

our whole team needs a rest, its too bad half the team is going to the allstar game lol.

that goes to show u what the red sox think of there middle relief, keeping beckett in the game

fuuuccckkkkckckckckckkc