Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
This is not about bounces. Jesus, they're just better than we are.

Settle.

I am referring to this game, singularly.

When a White Sox player hits a dribbler up the middle, a Red Cub player seems to be there.

When they hit one up the middle it seems to always get through.

And FWIW, I'm not sold on them being better than the White Sox.

This team still has a lot of talent and 3 months' worth of games left.

I swear to God, game threads are the breeding ground of knee-jerk hatred.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:05 PM)
no seriously, how does it feel to be 11 back because you started TONY BATISTA and kept liriano in the pen while running kyle fing lohse out there for half the year.

I'm pretty sure he's a Sox fan. And instead of taunting Twins fans about Lohse, shouldn't we be thanking them?

And cue the Chicken Littles now...

What was Oz supposed to do there? Our 'pen is completely overused right now because our supposed strength this year is a flat out weakness behind Contreras....not much can be done when we have 5 starters who seem completely lost.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:03 PM)
Thome slam?

with our pitching, would it even matter? everytime we score, our pitchers give it up. how many times have we lost this year after scoring atleast 5 runs? we probably only lost 5 of those last year.. :chair

this is why beckett is overrated. hes given up 5 runs and just might win this game and get his 11th win.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:04 PM)
Heads, I know you're being sarcastic. This game is not even close to being over. But aren't you sick of this team having to battle back from big deficits 3 or 4 times a week? I know I am.

I know. I probably bring it on myself by coming in here. I'm the anti-fathom, in a word. I just have blind faith sometimes, and that makes seasons like last year a heck of a lot more enjoyable.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)

What was Oz supposed to do there? Our 'pen is completely overused right now because our supposed strength this year is a flat out weakness behind Contreras....not much can be done when we have 5 starters who seem completely lost.

Let Cotts finish his mess. There was no reason to put Garland in this game. You have Cotts, Thornton, McCarthy, and Jenks left to pitch at that moment.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
I know. I probably bring it on myself by coming in here. I'm the anti-fathom, in a word. I just have blind faith sometimes, and that makes seasons like last year a heck of a lot more enjoyable.

The scary thing is that I'm nowhere close to being the most pessimistic person on this site now.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
Settle.

I am referring to this game, singularly.

When a White Sox player hits a dribbler up the middle, a Red Cub player seems to be there.

When they hit one up the middle it seems to always get through.

They have out-played us today.

And FWIW, I'm not sold on them being better than the White Sox.

This team still has a lot of talent and 3 months' worth of games left.

I swear to God, game threads are the breeding ground of knee-jerk hatred.

I think hitting is about the same, their starters are better, and bullpens are about same. I would give them the edge.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:06 PM)

yea that is true....our starters have been s***. it is over used.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
The scary thing is that I'm nowhere close to being the most pessimistic person on this site now.

Yeah, but you're one of the few I like. :D

How do our starters get better, people?

How does Garcia get his velocity back? How does Vazquez stop making the mistakes he's made his entire career? How do Buehrle and Garland stop being completely inconsistent?

It's about time we accept the fact that we'll have to slug our way into and through the playoffs if we hope to get to where we did last year.