Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:53 PM)
Wait until he starts throwing his offspeed stuff. Pods is an idiot for the bluff move on the first pitch. In that situation, his run doesn't mean s***. You can't be distracting the hitter. Of course, I'd expect nothing less from a low baseball IQ player.

If he's on second, a single would of scored 2, Tad to second on the throw.

Moot point now but there's a reason for ya.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
We sure will. But for us to come back in this one, we'll have to score more runs in an inning than he's given up all year. Yeah, that's insane.

Can anyone argue against him getting the Cy Young?

Not only is he the clear Cy Young winner, but I don't blame people for stating he's an MVP candidate. His numbers are ridiculous right now.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:55 PM)
We sure will. But for us to come back in this one, we'll have to score more runs in an inning than he's given up all year. Yeah, that's insane.

Can anyone argue against him getting the Cy Young?

Well, if Liriano keeps doing what he's doing, I'd give it to him.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
Well, the Sox 3-4-5 have a shot to show a little something here today. I feel like I'm the only one who even cares....

No we all care.

We just feel helpless.

Liriano>Papelbon

Halladay>Papelbon

Santana>Papelbon

If he wins the CY Young it'll be because ESPN funds a campaign for him to win it.

He may have the best stats so far, but I'd take any of those 3 names over him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 02:54 PM)
Doesn't really bother me. They're not a division rival or the Cubs, so I don't really care. I just hate their slimy little fans.

Yeah, they're not division rivals or the Flubs, I just hate it. Must be the fans and ESPN factor. It was soooo good to shut them up last year in the playoffs.

No Heads, I'm not going all Chicken Little either...I'm still here, watching, and not annoiting Papelbon as Cy Young already for getting Gooch to popout. Looked rather ordinary to me, this team needs a few days off, I'd rather our pitchers not throw at all in the All-Star game.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
No Heads, I'm not going all Chicken Little either...I'm still here, watching, and not annoiting Papelbon as Cy Young already for getting Gooch to popout. Looked rather ordinary to me, this team needs a few days off, I'd rather our pitchers not throw at all in the All-Star game.

I second that, let Kenny Rogers pitch the whole game.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
If Gagne can get the Cy Young for his season a few years back, Papelbon should easily get it if he continues this pace.

He won't. Don't worry.

He may be good, but nobody is as good as he's pitched so far.

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)

Haha, I'm not annointing him the Cy Young because he got Iguchi out. But thanks for making it seem like I did.

I'm calling him the front runner for the Cy Young because he's unhittable. The numbers don't lie.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
Haha, I'm not annointing him the Cy Young because he got Iguchi out. But thanks for making it seem like I did.

I'm calling him the front runner for the Cy Young because he's unhittable. The numbers don't lie.

Numbers pfft, he did it all with smoke and mirrors.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)

And you're probably right. I just can't see him maintaining these numbers all year.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
I second that, let Kenny Rogers pitch the whole game.

He won't. Don't worry.

He may be good, but nobody is as good as he's pitched so far.

We're pretty deep into the season. I don't expect him to fall off magically just like the Tigers. Same way I don't expect the best 5-man rotation in baseball history to completely turn everything around over night.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
It's so sad that the first 5 pitchers we threw out there today allowed a run.

..should be used to it by now...it seems like every at bat they take, they take it as if it were there last. everyout is tough

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
Might be the smoothest 99 I've ever seen.

No question, and a nice breaking ball to strike out Papi. Thornton is a bright spot on this staff.