Red Sox @ White Sox - July 8

Heads22

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 06:32 PM)
What a shame that Freddy steps his game up today and the defense doesn't back him up.

Thanks, Mac.

This s*** would have happened regardless of Mackowiak. No way that 89 mph Garcia was going to keep hitting every corner imaginable with his pitches. If this is Garcia stepping up, then he sucks worse than I thought.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:30 PM)
here comes the meltdown

yup, and it isnt just freddy, same with vazquez, gar and even buehrle lately :rolly

anderson would of had it? shoot, uribe would have too. he always wants all the pop ups. nice 3-1 ughhhhhhh

wtfffffff

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
We shouldn't be waiting that long, unless we're not planning to win a championship this season.

It isn't happening....too many personalities involved to admit this isn't the world's greatest rotation. We're living or dying this year with the 5 starters we have.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
We shouldn't be waiting that long, unless we're not planning to win a championship this season.

theres no way we win a championship with this team-no way

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)
It isn't happening....too many personalities involved to admit this isn't the world's greatest rotation. We're living or dying this year with the 5 starters we have.

Then as I've said yesterday, Kenny is a horrible GM if he doesn't prioritize winning above all else. This staff isn't good enough to win a playoff series, and everybody can see that. We need another power arm in this rotation.

Here's what bugs me:

Is Coop and the rest of the coaching staff unable to adjust Freddy's delivery to hold runners on a little better, or is Freddy unable to make the adjustment himself?

He doesn't seem to ever change his approach with a runner on first - almost zero throws to first to hold the runner, and then it's one look over and the lonnnnnnnng leg-lift.

It's laughable to watch anyone and everyone run at will on him.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Then as I've said yesterday, Kenny is a horrible GM if he doesn't prioritize winning above all else. This staff isn't good enough to win a playoff series, and everybody can see that. We need another power arm in this rotation.

:huh:

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Then as I've said yesterday, Kenny is a horrible GM if he doesn't prioritize winning above all else.

Who said or thinks he doesn't?

PK with a leadoff single.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 01:34 PM)

im so sick of everyone talking about how GREAT our starters are, how we have the best staff in baseball and how anyone would want that sox staff and wouldnt trade it for any other. everyone is judging our staff based on the numbers they put up last year. apparently they havent taken a look at there era's this year.

well, atleast ppl know freddy wants to win.