2006 Sox = 2003 Sox?

shoota

Sweet, I luv posts like this because then I get to go back into the archives of ESPN and prove them wrong.

Lets see, on this date in 2003 the Sox were...43-46, and had been outscored 372-382.

This year they are...57-31 and have outscored opponents 520-415.

But sure, these two teams are exactly alike.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 05:36 PM)
The similiarities are many. Both teams could hit, with plenty of pop throughout the lineup. Both had a couple stud starting pitchers: Colon/Buehrle in 2003 and Contreras/Buehrle in 2006. Both teams were one of the best teams in baseball.

The 2003 team ultimately couldn't even make the playoffs, failing to beat the first-place Twins late in the season when it mattered most. Hopefully the 2006 Sox won't face the same story when playing Detroit.

No offence but this is a stupid post. First of all even if we don't win the division right now we have a 6 game lead in the wild card. And I believe we have been playing at a pace that we can keep up, while Detroit is playing out of their minds.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 11:02 PM)
Of course there are differences between the two teams, but there are quite a few similarities. And if the 2006 squad fails down the stretch like the 2003 team did, that would likely seal the comparison.

:headshake

dear lord....It's almost like you're hoping they'll fail.

Using that logic then the 2006 Sox would be like the 2004, 2002, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995..etc every team that failed to make the post season.

QUOTE(chisoxdavid @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
If anything, I think that the Tigers 06=Sox 03 They will choke if they make it to the playoffs, thats if they make it.

Can you please explain further on this? What have they done besides have the best record team in MLB. have a great manager, and the best Team ERA makes you think they'll choke and not make the playoffs?