Red Sox vs. White Sox, 1:05, Game thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
This is pathetic, but i guess we were due to get swept sometime. But i'd rather it be by the Royals then these f***ers

Win or lose, this series should make people forget about 2005. The AL is much tougher than it was last year.

Well on the good news front. That was the best swing that Crede put on a pitch all series long. He had a line drive cut on it, went with the pitch.

On the bad news front baseball tonight will do a expose on how great bloody sock is, and not how our team is approaching him today.

This is not looking good. What a way to end the 1st half, getting your ass kicked by the Red Sox. We are seriously in some trouble here if our pitching doesn't turn it around (which at this point, I'm not sure we can really expect better from Garcia or Vaz). Even the world's biggest Sox homer, Hawk, admitted as much.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
Schilling is really shoving it up our asses today, eh?

Actually we think the home run derby started already. If we just approached it with getting base hits, and keeping the conga line moving we would be winning.

Yet we are late on fastballs down the middle of the plate. Schilling up until last inning was only throwing his fastball for strikes.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:50 PM)
Actually we think the home run derby started already. If we just approached it with getting base hits, and keeping the conga line moving we would be winning.

Yet we are late on fastballs down the middle of the plate. Schilling up until last inning was only throwing his fastball for strikes.

I thought I saw Jose Valentin taking a 2003 Homerun cut up there with some of those swings.

This team has just not looked all that good lately, period. Despite winning the previous 9 series, they haven't been playing good ball. Now that they've got some tough series coming up, I don't see them being as lucky. Their pitching really needs to turn around.

Nice play by Anderson.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
Nice recovery by JC after that 4th inning, but unfortunately it looks like his streak is over

No, the law of averages will set in. Mr. Bloody socks medicore fastball and one of our home run swings will meet each other in the middle and the ball will bounce up onto the concourse.