Red Sox vs. White Sox, 1:05, Game thread

Guest JimH
Will someone please explain to me why Vazquez is still in this f***ing game? I don't think Ozzie could manage worse if he tried.

Who else?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 10:28 PM)
Will someone please explain to me why Vazquez is still in this f***ing game? I don't think Ozzie could manage worse if he tried.

Agreed. I was thinking about this earlier. It is like he is going away from everything he usually does and doing the opposite. I don't get it.

Guest JimH

Vazquez needs to man up. Must be the 1000th time it's been said on this board. Good Christ, hold 'em and win this GD game.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 05:29 PM)
Who else?

agreed we are screwed in the pen right now. Bmac leaves the ball over the plate and gets hammered and politte sucks. Thornton maybe can pitch to one batter but he has been used lately. they are almost out of options.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
agreed we are screwed in the pen right now. Bmac leaves the ball over the plate and gets hammered and politte sucks. Thornton maybe can pitch to one batter but he has been used lately. they are almost out of options.

I would have taken my chances with McCarthy starting this inning over a 3rd inning from Vazquez on his bullpen day.