Red Sox vs. White Sox, 1:05, Game thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
He's hitting .387 on the season with RISP. Who gives a flying f*** about 4 random games.

I'm not knocking PK, but he hasnt been swinging the stick well recently. It happens

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
You really can't blame Gload there. Its really hard to hit right now. Vazquez should stick to his slider, and fastball. They'll have a hard time picking it up.

I'm seeing way too many protect swings from our hitters. Gload definitely didn't attack those last couple of pitches.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 10:25 PM)
I dont know which one was worse. The fastball down the cock that Gooch missed, or Ball 4 to get to Dye that Gload swung at.

Iguchi f***ed that entire inning by not getting Pods over.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
I f***ing hate Gload and Politte. They both have no business on this team now.

Completely agreed. look if we put timo perez at first last year without having thome as a back up I am certain we can do without this clown and get somebody to back up our outfielders who can come in and play for pods defensivly

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
We have to score ourselves soon, because it's only a matter of time before Vazquez's 5+ ERA self shows up.

can count come back in??? /green

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
I'm seeing way too many protect swings from our hitters. Gload definitely didn't attack those last couple of pitches.

I think its pretty indicative of not being able to see very well, plus Hansen has good stuff. I wish the White Sox would have taken him.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
We've to get this game somehow. It would be even more disheartning to lose now that the Tigers have lost.

Like I already said, this game is now huge since they came back against Papelbon. And the longer it goes on, the worse it's going to be as a loss, or the sweeter it will be as a win.

This game could be big.

And of course, Javier Vazquez is still a worthless piece of s***. That ball had no chance to be caught with Mack and Pods out there anyway.