Red Sox vs. White Sox, 1:05, Game thread

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:29 PM)
Um, the Red Sox are a really good team. But their pitching hardly impresses me.

Schilling has nothing today. We should be killing him today. We lit up Beckett, and we were a small shot from putting Lester out of Fridays game.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Schilling has nothing today. We should be killing him today. We lit up Beckett, and we were a small shot from putting Lester out of Fridays game.

Buehrle and Garcia had nothing on Friday and Saturday, and were promptly hammered. The Red Sox were a small shot from putting Jose out of today's game (our ace!) in the 4th inning.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
Anyone still want to argue that we have better pitching than the Red Sox?

Yeah Beckett looked GREAT yesterday, and We let Lester off the hook BIG time on Friday. IMO we have better starters, but besides Garland, none of them are pitching well right now.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone still want to argue that we have better pitching than the Red Sox?

Yes.

Our team has shut out another team 6 times compare to the Red Sox's zero.

Our team has a lower ERA and a lower WHIP (only by.01.)

..............and to think, we're struggling.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)

That is what has been frustrating about the series. The White Sox have had their opportunities the last 2 days but did not capitalize and the Red Sox did capitalize on their opps. The Red Sox have not really dominated the series in my opinion just made a couple of more plays than the White Sox. The Sox had both Lester and Beckett on the ropes but did nothing with it.

Well it seems that our offense is trying to hit home runs and nothing else.

Dye with a crappy pull of a pitch that was on the black on the outside.

Medicore fastball, now he is throwing a change for a strike. How are we not killing this guy, oh its because we think this is the start of the home run derby.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
If our hitters start to try and hit line drives tonight, and not take long looping swings trying to park every pitch we would of chased Bloody Sock about 2 innings ago. He has nothing today.

The hitters have been playing homerun derby all series to some degree of success. Just have not hit enough homers to win. Conga Line > Homerun

Point of reason why I hate red cub fans. Instead of being respectful of a team and their park, they feel it absolutely necessary to start lets go red cub chants. Do other teams do this at opposing parks, no. Only the red and blue cubs do this. If I went to Wrigley East and tried the same thing, there would be a f***ing riot.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
Point of reason why I hate red cub fans. Instead of being respectful of a team and their park, they feel it absolutely necessary to start lets go red cub chants. Do other teams do this at opposing parks, no. Only the red and blue cubs do this. If I went to Wrigley East and tried the same thing, there would be a f***ing riot.

Uhh....did you watch the Cubs-Sox series last weekend?