Official HR Derby Thread

Milkman delivers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
You should worship him. If not for him, we wouldn't have Thome. :)

:D hahaha great point. where would we be without him? hey paulie might not even be here either...i havent seen ozzie yet. i saw paulie,dye,jenks,aj, no oz

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
:D hahaha great point. where would we be without him? hey paulie might not even be here either...i havent seen ozzie yet. i saw paulie,dye,jenks,aj, no oz

The did an interview with him before the Derby.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 09:35 PM)
I've watched most of this (missed a bit here and there) and I think this year's has been somewhat dissapointing compared to past years. No one really has gone on a big tear sans Howard and Wright.

Its just not as fun without the roid rage. :)

I'm glad the guys are hitting fewer homers. Those balls were so juiced last year I believe (recall Comerica is a pitchers park) I do think they juice the golden balls as well. Its not that big of a deal since its the whole point to see the balls fly out but its not worth getting excited about a specific number

Howards performance (esp the end) was one of the greastest I've ever seen in a long time. When he hit the prize sign and he didn't even notice (knew he won and hugged his Philly teammates/staff) that just put the icing on the cake. What makes it sweeter is he did it with a clean slate. Can't say much about that from alot of players.