Wisdom Teeth out

Heads22

Well, that went about as well as possible.

About an hour before, I took my first painkillers. At that point I felt lighter and all in all pretty good. I went there and laid down and I took nitrous. That's neat stuff. I felt all tingely. I asked him to give me a play by play and he told me what he was doing, which was neat. I thought it was cool to listen to. He'd be like "I'm using a scalpel to make an incision.....I can see the tooth....now I'm gonna use this thing that sounds like a drill to section the tooth." The best part was when he said "That went about as perfectly as we could have hoped."

About halfway through I asked him his thoughts on Iowa State basketball, or as I said it, "whaf fah fur foffs ahn iafa sfafe basfeffafal."

It was kinda neat. Since it didn't hurt, it was interesting. Now for the being lazy.

All four at once. The only pain was one shot he said by each top one that would hurt a little.

The lowers weren't bad at all. I came in expecting the worst...to where I didn't care....to now where I feel sleepy.

I was done in 20 minutes...

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 12:09 PM)
All four at once. The only pain was one shot he said by each top one that would hurt a little.

The lowers weren't bad at all. I came in expecting the worst...to where I didn't care....to now where I feel sleepy.

Holy s*** dude, I didn't think they did all 4 at once?

Glad they weren't a problem for you.

I had all 4 done at once. I was knocked out for it because they had to dig out the bottom two. After the procedure the doc said the tops were a breeze, but I should have been in the hospital for the bottom two (never said why). I was in some level of hell for about a week after. Brian came by my apartment 4 days after and was worried because of how swollen and bruised I still looked. Which made me laugh because I thought I looked 70% better than I had.

Edited by Queen Prawn

I'm really jealous. I had the worst experience, was in mass amounts of pain when they were taken out about two months ago.

Then two weeks ago, I woke up with my face all swollen. Went in, had to get more s*** done, and then woke up this morning with my other side swollen.

I feel like breaking something.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
Glad they weren't a problem for you.

I had all 4 done at once. I was knocked out for it because they had to dig out the bottom two. After the procedure the doc said the tops were a breeze, but I should have been in the hospital for the bottom two (never said why). I was in some level of hell for about a week after. Brian came by my apartment 4 days after and was worried because of how swollen and bruised I still looked. Which made me laugh because I thought I looked 70% better than I had.

That's why they reccomend you only do one side at a time, so that you're able to chew from the other.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)

what does that mean? Worse than impacted?

I was put to sleep, and was in complete disarray upon awakening. I don't remember, but my mom said I couldn't stand up, was drooling on myself from the novacane, etc.

Like I said, my experience, entirely was horrible, and it will continue this afternoon when I meet with him again. I hate this.

I wish I had your surgeon.

Edited by redandwhite

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 01:41 PM)
Those are bad, I had one of them when I had all four of mine out (all impacted.) I can't imagine how much pain that caused b/c just one for me was horrible, but four, WOW.

Yeah, then they stuffed medicated gauze down all four holes for about a week. So much pain.

I have trouble with drooling....but the Combunox had me with a nice buzz going in. The nitrous took like a minute to work but it was that feeling like if where someone is talking to you right after you are waking up. "Yup. Uh huh."

My dentist is one of two in town. He's known us for a while, so I asked him "you gonna give me a blow by blow?" and he said sure. He asked if I felt the nitrous and I said "I'm feeling good about Iowa State athletics" and he said it's working. :D

I'm trying to figure out when the horrendous part is supposed to be.

Are you getting more pulled today or what?

It became infected because I hit the weights too early, and then I'm going to get it checked out to see what happened here again today, because I can't go around looking like an idiot, not that I don't normally.

Hopefully it's nothing, but odds are its an infection, probably from food, which sucks because I use the plunger after every meal. I don't understand, I really don't. I can't win for losing with these damn teeth.

Oh yeah, Rock, the gauze in the hole is painful as hell.

I had 4 all impacted and was fine literally the 2nd i woke up from the anithetics or whatevr. I guess for a lot of people thats actually what makes them sick the anithetics that put you to sleep. Like I said earlier when my brother got his done which were only 2 he was puking the entire day and was sick for a little but for me after getting 4 removed i went directly to Taco bell.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
I have trouble with drooling....but the Combunox had me with a nice buzz going in. The nitrous took like a minute to work but it was that feeling like if where someone is talking to you right after you are waking up. "Yup. Uh huh."

My dentist is one of two in town. He's known us for a while, so I asked him "you gonna give me a blow by blow?" and he said sure. He asked if I felt the nitrous and I said "I'm feeling good about Iowa State athletics" and he said it's working. :D

I'm trying to figure out when the horrendous part is supposed to be.

Are you getting more pulled today or what?

Wait til the elephant tranqs wear off. :D

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
It became infected because I hit the weights too early, and then I'm going to get it checked out to see what happened here again today, because I can't go around looking like an idiot, not that I don't normally.

Hopefully it's nothing, but odds are its an infection, probably from food, which sucks because I use the plunger after every meal. I don't understand, I really don't. I can't win for losing with these damn teeth.

Oh yeah, Rock, the gauze in the hole is painful as hell.

Thats what got me, that and I went to a sox game and tried to eat peanuts...bad move. Oh yeah, and smoking is a major no no.