Wisdom Teeth out

Heads22

I was given my nitrous by IV, knocked me right out. Took all 4 out, no swelling at all...lil extra bleeding though...but my bottom lip was numb like a mofo, my favorite part was tryin to drink grape juice and lookin down and seein it on my shirt.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 03:25 PM)
I was given my nitrous by IV, knocked me right out. Took all 4 out, no swelling at all...lil extra bleeding though...but my bottom lip was numb like a mofo, my favorite part was tryin to drink grape juice and lookin down and seein it on my shirt.

You got lucky, some people bite their lips or tongue and draw blood.

My buddy got put under to get his wisdom teeth taken out. I guess midway through he woke up screaming then tryed to punch his dentist in the face then fell right back asleep. He had no clue he ever woke up and aptemted to :fight his doc for a few seconds.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats what got me, that and I went to a sox game and tried to eat peanuts...bad move. Oh yeah, and smoking is a major no no.

Why is smoking such a no/no? That kind of confused me. I don't smoke, but going to parties and bars regularly, I'm around it.

I also just got back from the oral surgeon. Another dry socket. I only got the bottoms taken out, and even though it took three months, both became infected and got dry socket.

It's incredible, it truly is. My surgeon said that he hadn't seen somebody get dry socket in both bottom sides in sixteen years and never in his practice has he seen someone get a dry socket 2-3 months after the surgery was completed.

Just goes to show you how impacted my wisdom teeth were. Be thankful, my man (Heads), you lucked out.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
Why is smoking such a no/no? That kind of confused me. I don't smoke, but going to parties and bars regularly, I'm around it.

I also just got back from the oral surgeon. Another dry socket. I only got the bottoms taken out, and even though it took three months, both became infected and got dry socket.

It's incredible, it truly is. My surgeon said that he hadn't seen somebody get dry socket in both bottom sides in sixteen years and never in his practice has he seen someone get a dry socket 2-3 months after the surgery was completed.

Just goes to show you how impacted my wisdom teeth were. Be thankful, my man (Heads), you lucked out.

It think it's because of tar particles and stuff.

The soreness started to get a little worse, but then it was time for my next Combunox and I'm feeling frisky again. :D

Woke up this morning with a shirt covered with and a mouth full of blood. Went into the bathroom and let my mouth drain out of blood and found one of my clots/scabs had fallen out during the night, likely due to the fact I grind my teeth.

Needless to say, my day didn't start out real well.

I had all 4 of mine out back in 98. More bleeding than I thought and ran out of gauze. Laugh if you will, but I used paper towel in the back of mouth and worked better than the gauze ever did. Didn't get soaked to a point it feels like you are sucking on blood flavored gum.

Just a home remedy maybe.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
Woke up this morning with a shirt covered with and a mouth full of blood. Went into the bathroom and let my mouth drain out of blood and found one of my clots/scabs had fallen out during the night, likely due to the fact I grind my teeth.

Needless to say, my day didn't start out real well.

Serves you right for doing all that fkn bragging yesterday. :D

I've been thinking about getting mine removed sometime at the end of the month but I am worried how much it will affect my working schedule.

I was told to get them taken out 3 years ago, but I don't have insurance and will have to pay it out of my own pocket like my sister did.

Should I go with the N2O? or get knocked out and wake up like 2 seconds later with some more teeth missing?

I recommend the knock out. Although, as the anesthesiologist (you know what I mean), says you aren't really out. It's more like being in a "20 beer state."

And, despite getting dry socket a week or two later, it wasn't that bad for me. I missed no work or school. So, I guess it just all depends on how big of a sissy you are.