Report: Bonds indictment could come soon

Leonard Zelig

Personally, I don't like Bonds. I think he's an ass. I don't understand this witch hunt to try and send him to prison however. What is that going to accomplish? I think the government should be using its resources keeping people who are dangers to society off the streets.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 04:58 PM)
Personally, I don't like Bonds. I think he's an ass. I don't understand this witch hunt to try and send him to prison however. What is that going to accomplish? I think the government should be using its resources keeping people who are dangers to society off the streets.

Witch hunt to send him to prison? I hate that term because it's used so god damned much in inappropriate scenarios. Barry Bonds isn't innocent of anything. He's a steroid abusing woman beater with the nastiest attitude in baseball of all the players whose bad attitudes are well known. It isn't a witchhunt to try and prove that he's guilty of perjury, obstructing justice, income tax invasion and whatever the f*** else that pervert has done.

It's a serious crime to lie to a grand jury. Perjury is a crime that fundamentally assaults our justice system. "Witchhunt" my ass.

I think that only one group can credibly be called out for "witchhunt[ing]" him, and that's the guys at the SF Chronicle, the newspaper that devoted so many resources and time to find out what he was using, and when. And, personally, I wish more newspapers would do that to more people, in sports and ESPECIALLY out. But I call bulls*** on the witchhunt. I don't think what they did was a witchhunt, but I guess you could call it that.

Edit: Actually, I think that's BS, too. I take that back. I don't think you can credibly say that a newspaper doing its job was witchhunting.

Edited by Gregory Pratt

QUOTE(Cuck the Fubs @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 10:51 PM)
A lifetime ban and wiping all his numbers would be enough, IMO.

'Fraid not. According to that article he lied to a Federal Grand Jury. That's a felony boys and girls and he needs to get put away for it.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 06:39 PM)
I think that only one group can credibly be called out for "witchhunt[ing]" him, and that's the guys at the SF Chronicle, the newspaper that devoted so many resources and time to find out what he was using, and when. And, personally, I wish more newspapers would do that to more people, in sports and ESPECIALLY out. But I call bulls*** on the witchhunt. I don't think what they did was a witchhunt, but I guess you could call it that.

Edit: Actually, I think that's BS, too. I take that back. I don't think you can credibly say that a newspaper doing its job was witchhunting.

I think the newspaper was just conducting some high quality investigative reporting, which more media outlets need to do instead of regurgitating each others news.