Fox close to new MLB TV Deal

Balta1701

Linky.

Major League Baseball has reached a new seven-year TV deal with Fox, baseball executives told SI.com on Tuesday morning.

The new agreement, which will be announced at 5:30 p.m. today by commissioner Bud Selig, will guarantee baseball more than the $400 million it received from the network's previous contract, which expires after this season.

According to the new deal, Fox will air the World Series, the All-Star Game, a schedule of Saturday games and one League Championship Series each year, alternating between the leagues from year to year. The other League Championship Series is still up for bids.

Also, TBS is expected to get rights to the Division Series starting in 2007 and weekly regular-season games in '08.

Damnit, they keep Saturday Baseball. I hope to God they change the blackout rules. Those are the worst f***ing things...

QUOTE(earthshiner @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 02:01 PM)
I can't stand the way Fox covers baseball. Joe Buck, Tim McCarver, and Jeanie Zalakso are the worst thing to happen to baseball since Federal League

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Edited by southsider2k5

Check this out. It's awesome TNT will carry some games as I love the basketball coverage! Sucks though Fox will still carry the World Series :puke

The Fox broadcast network and the TBS cable network have approved seven-year deals with Major League Baseball to televise weekend games during the season, the entire first round of the playoffs, plus one of the two league championship series, the All-Star Game and the World Series, Bloomberg News reported today (Tuesday), citing three people familiar with the negotiations. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Under it, Fox would broadcast 26 Saturday games ( up from the current 18 ), while TBS would carry 26 Sunday games. TBS would carry the American and National League first-round playoffs, sharing them with sibling cable network TNT. Fox would continue to air the All-Star Game, the World Series and either the American or the National League championship series. The other series is still up for grabs. Further details are expected to be announced before tonight's All-Star Game in Pittsburgh.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Check this out. It's awesome TNT will carry some games as I love the basketball coverage! Sucks though Fox will still carry the World Series :puke

The Fox broadcast network and the TBS cable network have approved seven-year deals with Major League Baseball to televise weekend games during the season, the entire first round of the playoffs, plus one of the two league championship series, the All-Star Game and the World Series, Bloomberg News reported today (Tuesday), citing three people familiar with the negotiations. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Under it, Fox would broadcast 26 Saturday games ( up from the current 18 ), while TBS would carry 26 Sunday games. TBS would carry the American and National League first-round playoffs, sharing them with sibling cable network TNT. Fox would continue to air the All-Star Game, the World Series and either the American or the National League championship series. The other series is still up for grabs. Further details are expected to be announced before tonight's All-Star Game in Pittsburgh.

link?

from the updated story

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/base...l.ap/index.html

Turner Broadcasting System also will televise 26 regular-season Sunday games in 2008 while eventually cutting back on its nationwide Atlanta Braves coverage.

does this mean ESPN is out or are there going to be double headers Sunday night? or is it going to be a Sunday afternoon game?

Edited by Benchwarmerjim

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
So I take it I'm the only one who likes the Fox coverage?

Aside from Tim McCarver I don't mind their coverage...but the thing that drives me nucking futs is being out on the West Coast when the White Sox play an early game on Saturday and having the game totally blacked out to everyone except radio because of Fox's stupid exclusivity clause.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 03:36 PM)
from the updated story

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/base...l.ap/index.html

does this mean ESPN is out or are there going to be double headers Sunday night? or is it going to be a Sunday afternoon game?

ESPN will still have Sunday night games but apparently they may lose out on having any playoff games????