Official 2006 All-Star Game Thread

knightni

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like God Bless America. It's a nice way to pay tribute to this great nation of ours. And as for those who are asking for Take Me Out to the Ballgame, it more then gets its fair share of play during the baseball season. God Bless America is done maybe a handful of times a year (mostly on national TV), so it really isn't that big a deal for Take Me Out to the Ballgame to be foregone every once in a while IMO.

Edited by tigerfan

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
I also think that at least 95% of major league hitters get "visibly pissy" over popups.

Sure, but there's just something about the way Konerko acts that irks me. It's probably coupled with his lack of hustle on double play balls.

Someone else called it his "suicide shrug of doom" or something like that.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 09:43 PM)
Sure, but there's just something about the way Konerko acts that irks me. It's probably coupled with his lack of hustle on double play balls.

Berkman just had a chance to try and break up a DP and simply ducked out of the way. Not just Paulie.

QUOTE(tigerfan @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
I like God Bless America. It's a nice way to pay tribute to this great nation of ours. And as for those who are asking for Take Me Out to the Ballgame, it more then gets its fair share of play during the baseball season. God Bless America is done maybe a handful of times a year (mostly on national TV), so it really isn't that big a deal for Take Me Out to the Ballgame to be foregone every once in a while IMO.

It shouldn't be played during a baseball game EVER - esp during the 7th inning stretch.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jul 11, 2006 -> 09:45 PM)
Paulie also was at least 15 feet from the bag, so he really could not have slid anyways.

Whatever, all I'm saying is he could've kept going and not just stopped and gotten out of the way. Put pressure on the defense to make a play.

Anyway, let's rally to win this game.