Soxtalk's no tolerance policy

kapkomet

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
I know who you were referring to, but I had some little problems at first. I got banned for 3 days at one point for trying to defend myself. I've been here like a month.

unlike wsi, the mods here are really great - and don't ban people unless they truly deserve it...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)
unlike wsi, the mods here are really great - and don't ban people unless they truly deserve it...

I understand that, and I truly appreciate it. Since I've been here, I really haven't seen a problem with trolls either. WSI has tons of trolls and that's their reason for being so strict. Plus, WSI is a little more high profile and lots of players/media members go there. They were featured on CBS one time as well I believe. They want to uphold a certain reputation--which is understandable. Basically, it's nice to come here and let loose once in awhile. My suspension is over at WSI, but I'm still here too. I don't think I'm going anywhere, sorry Steff. lol

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 10:57 AM)
I understand that, and I truly appreciate it. Since I've been here, I really haven't seen a problem with trolls either. WSI has tons of trolls and that's their reason for being so strict. Plus, WSI is a little more high profile and lots of players/media members go there. They were featured on CBS one time as well I believe. They want to uphold a certain reputation--which is understandable. Basically, it's nice to come here and let loose once in awhile. My suspension is over at WSI, but I'm still here too. I don't think I'm going anywhere, sorry Steff. lol

i think the only issue steff had was that if you ARE going to stay here don't complain about the rules. in a thread like this, if you have a constructive point to make - and you make it in a positive, helpful manner - you'd be fine.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 10:59 AM)
i think the only issue steff had was that if you ARE going to stay here don't complain about the rules. in a thread like this, if you have a constructive point to make - and you make it in a positive, helpful manner - you'd be fine.

In addition Reddy, it's the presentation I thought was a bit out of line. We've had what...? 6 or 7 of these type of things over the past 2 years and every time it's turned into a "here's the rules, follow them"... and 20 posts later.. "well.. how about this? How about that? What if this? What if that?"

What part of "these are the rules, follow them" is so hard to comprehend?

This site was a smooth running machine when everyone respected everyone and their opinions even when the "hey, screw you" disagreements came about. It's just really strange how the times have changed and someone can't make a silly trade comment where they aren't jumped on and buried or when posters comment on not liking or agreeing with something that they are told they are blind, stupid, or some other half wit name.

I saw this post initially and was elated. Now it's become a hey... "do this, do that". Taken away a lot of the mods & admis thunder, IMO.

QUOTE(SoxFan76 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
I was joking.

K. Apologies.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 10:53 AM)

Agreed. I like the fact that there is an ACTUAL and CONCRETE rulebook so to speak regarding bans.

Mods who operate as separate entities and have personal agendas and simply interpret the rules as they see fit isnt really fun to be around. I hope the new rules here make this place more fun, because there are more and more people going to be joining here and getting into discussions, and its not fun to see what we've been seeing here before.

I hope to be here for a while too and contribute more (dont be mad ......)

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
In addition Reddy, it's the presentation I thought was a bit out of line. We've had what...? 6 or 7 of these type of things over the past 2 years and every time it's turned into a "here's the rules, follow them"... and 20 posts later.. "well.. how about this? How about that? What if this? What if that?"

What part of "these are the rules, follow them" is so hard to comprehend?

This site was a smooth running machine when everyone respected everyone and their opinions even when the "hey, screw you" disagreements came about. It's just really strange how the times have changed and someone can't make a silly trade comment where they aren't jumped on and buried or when posters comment on not liking or agreeing with something that they are told they are blind, stupid, or some other half wit name.

I saw this post initially and was elated. Now it's become a hey... "do this, do that". Taken away a lot of the mods & admis thunder, IMO.

K. Apologies.

ok steff yeah i hear ya and i agree. i like the new rules as well. i dont think it's taken away their thunder though - as long as they (the mods and rules) are respected things will be fine

It's all about respect people. Treat people like you want to be treated and there's no problems. As was stated earlier, if you have to ask if this or that is acceptable, assume it's not and you'll be in good standing. Not too hard to figure out.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
Agreed. I like the fact that there is an ACTUAL and CONCRETE rulebook so to speak regarding bans.

Mods who operate as separate entities and have personal agendas and simply interpret the rules as they see fit isnt really fun to be around. I hope the new rules here make this place more fun, because there are more and more people going to be joining here and getting into discussions, and its not fun to see what we've been seeing here before.

I hope to be here for a while too and contribute more (dont be mad ......)

Yeah, I have a feeling more and more people will be coming here because of the way they've been acting lately. You can't say "that girl's hot" without getting crap for it.

Anyways, yeah I have nothing more to add. Sorry. haha

as long as i can say things like you scally wagged plank deck

im cool.

is that allowed? i mean, think about it.... a scally wagged plank deck could be a pretty good complament.... some people might get an ego boost after being called a long peice of wood.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 11:12 AM)
as long as i can say things like you scally wagged plank deck

im cool.

is that allowed? i mean, think about it.... a scally wagged plank deck could be a pretty good complament.... some people might get an ego boost after being called a long peice of wood.

i love you.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 03:46 PM)
heads and kap told me they WANTED discussion about the new rules - see what we posters thought... so... thats why the discussion was set up.

now who's questioning their decisions?

What?

I NEVER said that. I came in chat, and said that we wanted to talk to you all to know what was going down... and if you had questions, talk to us. I didn't say it was up for debate. Read the first post of this thread, that was closed at first.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 12:12 PM)
What?

I NEVER said that. I came in chat, and said that we wanted to talk to you all to know what was going down... and if you had questions, talk to us. I didn't say it was up for debate. Read the first post of this thread, that was closed at first.

i never said it was up for debate either. you just wanted to hear what we thought about it... not that you'd change it

and i guess i just assumed that pertained to this thread as well since this initially started locked (or did it, maybe i just thought it did?)

in any case, bottom line is these are the new rules, we'll follow 'em, soxtalk will be a happy place.

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 12:52 PM)
Behavior deemed inappropriate will be considered a punishable offense. Period.

This aint good enough, and I'll tell ya why this "what is deemed" stuff aint gonna fly.. What you might deem a no-no another mod might consider a yes-yes making the rules all over the place again. Instigating is bulls***. So IMO we should just adopt the "no more bulls***" laws. Hell.. it's working for Howard. ;)

Just let it go guys. Respect other posters, dont instigate fights, and argue the post, not with the posters.

If your typing a response and ask yourself "Should I say this?" or "Is this questionable?" than 99.9% of the time, you shouldn't. Just use common sense and everything will resolve itself.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)
Just let it go guys. Respect other posters, dont instigate fights, and argue the post, not with the posters.

If your typing a response and ask yourself "Should I say this?" or "Is this questionable?" than 99.9% of the time, you shouldn't. Just use common sense and everything will resolve itself.

An even better question to ask yourself would be "How would I react if someone said this to me."

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Erroneous.

By the way, some of these are excellent rules. Jason's dream is to become fixated in the sports world, can you imagine someone coming to Jason's site and seeing...

"THE f***ING WHITE SOX WON! f*** THE RED SOX! f*** THERE FANS! f***! f***! f***! WE WON YOU c*** f*** BALLS b**** DUMBASS f***!"

...after each time the White Sox win. And then discuss how badly the other team got 'f***ed up.'

It's just so stupid.

Good stuff, Jason.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
Erroneous.

By the way, some of these are excellent rules. Jason's dream is to become fixated in the sports world, can you imagine someone coming to Jason's site and seeing...

"THE f***ING WHITE SOX WON! f*** THE RED SOX! f*** THERE FANS! f***! f***! f***! WE WON YOU c*** f*** BALLS b**** DUMBASS f***!"

...after each time the White Sox win. And then discuss how badly the other team got 'f***ed up.'

It's just so stupid.

Good stuff, Jason.

it wasnt erroneous in context... ok maybe the wsi reference was - but my primary point was to praise the mods here. i think that was obvious.