Rowand coming back???

wilmot825

Rowand is nothing more than a decent 4th outfielder. Have you looked at his stats? less than impressive, especially in June and July so far.

I appreciate what Rowand did to help this team win a championship last year, but the fact is he is not that good.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 11:48 AM)
The Myers for McCarthy and Josh Fields proposal there is the ultimate in "We can totally pawn our old junky vet off for a team's best prospects!"

Well, Myers is only 25, but still, both McCarthy and Fields alone are better than Myers, especially when you factor in his wife beating incident.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 10:54 AM)
Man, I hope our trade proposals don't look as ridiculous to people outside the board as those do. Yikes...Anderson backing up Victorino?

What a dumb rumor! I would NOT even trade BA for Rowand straight up, let alone Vazquez AND Mackowiak!

Rowand is batting .264 with OBP .317. Anderson's OBP is .280. That is only .037 different. Rowand's July average is .185; Anderson .333.

NO WAY!

QUOTE(sircaffey @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 08:14 AM)
Gordon would be perfect. We don't need someone who can eat innings. We need someone that can take Politte's role of last season. Gordon is that man.

Do you think that a veteran closer who is getting paid big bucks (and is still pitching well) would want to play second-fiddle to a young guy like Jenks? I'm not sure he would.

I always loved the way Aaron Rowand played the game, but at this point in time he would not be much of an upgrade. Rowand would be a 4th outfielder with this team or Anderson would be. Either way, the starting line up would not be upgraded significantly. Certainly not enough to justify Vazquez and Mackowiac for him. Not even close.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
Didnt Myers punch his wife in the face? Yeah Philly you can keep him.

I thought the one player The Phillies were happy with was Rowand. I dont see them trading him.

Why yes, yes he did. Not exactly the type of character guy you're looking to add to your championship team.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 11:21 AM)
Didnt Myers punch his wife in the face?

Isn't that the normal response when your spouse wont shut up while you're trying to watch the game... :huh

:ph34r:

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
Isn't that the normal response when your spouse wont shut up while you're trying to watch the game... :huh

:ph34r:

Jim had that thought once, and then he went and cowered in the corner in a cold sweat for a couple of hours just for having that thought, and the fear of what would happen afterwards... :bang

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
Jim had that thought once, and then he went and cowered in the corner in a cold sweat for a couple of hours just for having that thought, and the fear of what would happen afterwards... :bang

Pffttt.... check out that scar above his left eye. ;)

On topic.. this is a silly rumor. They love Aaron, he's a deal, and they are looking to drop payroll.

I'll say this. I would hate the trade, but put Rowand in LF, and he would be among the best defensive LF'ers in baseball. His D in left >>>>>>> times about another >> Pods. But like I said I would'nt like the trade one bit unless we were getting a Hamels or some of their studs in the minors. (wouldn't mind Gio.. :D) It will not happen.

As much as I would love to have A-Row back - it's not going to happen.

Anyways, from today's Sun-Times.

TRADE FRONT: Rumors continue to circulate around the White Sox as the July 31 non-waivers trade deadline looms. One making the rounds Tuesday had the Sox reacquiring center fielder Aaron Rowand from the Philadelphia Phillies -- a highly unlikely deal considering the Phils gave up slugger Jim Thome last winter to acquire Rowand.

If general manager Ken Williams does pull off a deal, his priority is expected to be beefing up the bullpen.

''Always, when you are in a pennant race, trades come into your mind,'' Guillen said. ''Right now, we haven't talked about it. We are going to wait to see how [right-handed reliever Cliff] Politte is doing. Politte is a big part of my ballclub. Hopefully, with four days of rest, he will come back strong mentally more than physically. If Cliff comes back strong, we have a great chance to compete. If not, we have to make our bullpen stronger.

''There is nothing there right now to make deals. I know if we have to make deals, Kenny will do it. But we have to be careful what kind of players we bring in.''

Williams has maintained he is not in the market to replace rookie center fielder Brian Anderson.

''A lot of people talk about Brian Anderson, but we're not losing because of him -- not yet,'' Guillen said. ''This kid, obviously, we wish he has a better second half offensively. But the way he plays defense, he has saved a lot of runs. He has swung the bat a lot better the last couple of weeks.''

Source: Chicago Sun-Times

We've lost more games by not having Brian in the lineup than we have by letting him bat.

He's also a better defensive CF than Aaron, even if a lot of people don't want to believe me. He easily gets to a lot of balls Aaron would dive for.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
I'll say this. I would hate the trade, but put Rowand in LF, and he would be among the best defensive LF'ers in baseball. His D in left >>>>>>> times about another >> Pods. But like I said I would'nt like the trade one bit unless we were getting a Hamels or some of their studs in the minors. (wouldn't mind Gio.. :D) It will not happen.

Sorry! No way would I trade Pods for Rowand. We already have our CF in Anderson. Rowand might be a better defensive LF, but what about our leadoff and base-stealing man? That to me is more important than Rowand's LF defense.

That says for next season. Is this trade happening now or in the offseason because ARow can become a FA if he doesn't excercise his option or the Phils don't pick it up. I'm talking about this season not the 2007 season.

Rumors are going around that the Phillies may deal CF Aaron Rowand back to the White Sox for pitcher Javier Vazquez and UTL player Rob Mackowiak. Then next season letting LF Scott Podsednik walk and have Rowand in left and Anderson in center with Dye holding down right. I am hoping on hope that they bring back A-Row and put him and Anderson in the lineup at the same time. Anderson is begining to hit and his defense is great. Fingers Crossed
Edited by sayitaintso