Minor League All-Star Game

Thunderin'Thome

QUOTE(Thunderin @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
Tune into the Minor League Allstar game from 6pm to 9pm on ESPN2. Watch our stud, Josh Fields. (our future Left Fielder in the very near future :P )

Anyone know if this is really in the organization's plans, or if it is simply speculation and conventional wisdom? If they really were serious about moving him to left, why has he not yet played there?

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 11:27 PM)
Anyone know if this is really in the organization's plans, or if it is simply speculation and conventional wisdom? If they really were serious about moving him to left, why has he not yet played there?

I don't think the organization would want to showcase that they have a replacement Pods waiting in the wings.

haeger getting that fastball over, smart boy lol

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
KEEP AN EYE ON:

Heath Phillips....carrying a 1.90 ERA or so for Charlotte....could be a future BP arm or at least trade bait....draws comparisons to a large Buehrle.

yeah i was reading cheats blog saying that hes either going to be mlb pitcher or a AAAA lifer, whats the deal?

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)

I don't think any one here really knows. It's been speculated for a while though.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
I don't think the organization would want to showcase that they have a replacement Pods waiting in the wings.

So instead they should continue to play him at a position which may be blocked to spare Pods' feelings?

I certainly hope not.

I know Kenny is a nice guy and all, but he certainly doesn't seem to let anyone's feelings get in the way of winning- ask Aaron about that.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 04:27 PM)

Well, it's more than just us speculating, it's been speculated on whitesox.com within the last week. But yeah, I can't figure out why he hasn't played there yet either.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
Well, it's more than just us speculating, it's been speculated on whitesox.com within the last week. But yeah, I can't figure out why he hasn't played there yet either.

As much as I don't want to pick on Scott Merkin, he knows about as much as we do, if not less because he is given all the Soxganda. He is good for recaps and official news, but not much else.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 12, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)

Really now, I suggested first......then everyone ran with it. :D