We Play Detroit 13 Times Second Half

LVSoxFan

If Gardenhire maintains the rotation as it currently stands, we'll miss Liriano, but have Santana game two, July 25.

August 18-20: Santana, no Liriano

August 25-27: Liriano and Santana

September 29 - October 1 (last game of season): Liriano and Santana. I hope these games mean absolutely nothing.

If everything holds, which I understand it may not, we'll have these two 6 of the remaining 12 games against Minnesota. Our offense and pitching better man up, because I'm not 'tipping my hat' 6 times.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

While I do think our team knows they have to step it up or at least keep playing like we have been I don't think they are scared. Detroit should be the ones looking over their shoulder even if we do face tougher teams.

I just f***ing hope our pitching starts getting a lot better because we are playing teams that either have a comparable offense or great pitching. If they keep pitching like s*** (mainly Vazquez and Garcia) then we might be in some trouble. Also Garland has to keep it up, he's been pitching good.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
Anyone figure out the Santana/Liriano matchups vs Detroit?

I'm not certain who would be pitching for Detroit, but the remaining games would continue like this:

July 28 -31: Liriano and Santana

August 7-9: Liriano and Santana

September 7 - 10: Liriano and Santana

Im not a big fan of letting Jose throw against New York. They always light him up. Either way I like the way the second half is mapped out. We pretty much control our own destiny. I think when we play the Tigers later in the year all of their younger pitchers are gonna struggle against our line up. Im also not that concerned about the Yankees this year. They are really banged up and wont be offensively what they have been the past few years. I think we can definately out slug them if we have to. Id like to see KW make some kind of move for either a CF, RP or a package deal for an ace like Schmidtt

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
Im not a big fan of letting Jose throw against New York. They always light him up. Either way I like the way the second half is mapped out. We pretty much control our own destiny. I think when we play the Tigers later in the year all of their younger pitchers are gonna struggle against our line up. Im also not that concerned about the Yankees this year. They are really banged up and wont be offensively what they have been the past few years. I think we can definately out slug them if we have to. Id like to see KW make some kind of move for either a CF, RP or a package deal for an ace like Schidtt

Yeah, the Yankees sure kicked his ass last season when Contreras had 2 of our 3 wins against the Yankees all season. I think you're referring to the Red Sox, who had a ton of success vs Contreras when he was with the Yankees.

It's going to be hard to predict the Tigers starters in series too far down the road as they will be resting some of the younger arms on the rotation and will more than likely be going with 6 starters for the last month or so of the season. With the 6th starter either being Mike Maroth should he come back healthy or the flame thrower Humberto Sanchez who plain and simply isn't being challenged down in the minors.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 12:57 PM)
Then we go to Detroit for 3 games. The SOX have put themselves in a position where they now have to sweep to get close, whereas the Tigers have to win just 1 game to keep their lead the same.

Hmm, if we beat them twice, and they beat us once. Their lead stays the same?

As long as Jones continues to close for the Tigers, the White Sox will continue to have the upper hand on the Tigers. I have a feeling Jones may cost the Tigers quite a few games during the second half.

Edited by soxunited