HBO begins production on yet another show about Cubs

Hangar18

Saw this in the paper today, cant believe I missed it.

Ross Greenburg, president of HBO Sports, says the "Cubs boast some of the most dedicated fans in all of sports" :puke

Im about to send him an email telling him to save HBO some money, because everyone and their mother has done some type of "special" regarding that joke of a franchise. He says their network is doing it in order to "explore this deep connection" and to bring to light some "of the lesser known stories".

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
Saw this in the paper today, cant believe I missed it.

Ross Greenburg, president of HBO Sports, says the "Cubs boast some of the most dedicated fans in all of sports" :puke

Im about to send him an email telling him to save HBO some money, because everyone and their mother has done some type of "special" regarding that joke of a franchise. He says their network is doing it in order to "explore this deep connection" and to bring to light some "of the lesser known stories".

I bet he doesn't give 2 s***s what you think.

They do specials on frachises like the Cubs because people will watch! The White Sox simply do not attract enough attention from a nation-wide audience to warrant a special like this. This guy's f***ing job is to get more viewers to tune into his station. His job isn't to be "fair" with whom he decides to cover.

What the f*** is so hard to understand about this? And why are you so obsessed with this topic?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 02:41 PM)
I bet he doesn't give 2 s***s what you think.

They do specials on frachises like the Cubs because people will watch! The White Sox simply do not attract enough attention from a nation-wide audience to warrant a special like this. This guy's f***ing job is to get more viewers to tune into his station. His job isn't to be "fair" with whom he decides to cover.

What the f*** is so hard to understand about this?

I'll bet he doesnt either. But he still got an email from me.

Your assertion that the SOX dont attract "enough attention" is one of those false-hoods that in itself, keeps perpetuating nonsense beliefs by a clown like Ross Greenburg. Im going on the notion that Greenburg is LAZY and is missing the real story. There are, especially NOW, as many SOX fans as there are fans of that other team.

Thats whats so hard to understand about this. The continued ignoring of a better story.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)

Your assertion that the SOX dont attract "enough attention" is one of those false-hoods that in itself, keeps perpetuating nonsense beliefs by a clown like Ross Greenburg. Im going on the notion that Greenburg is LAZY and is missing the real story. There are, especially NOW, as many SOX fans as there are fans of that other team.

Thats whats so hard to understand about this. The continued ignoring of a better story.

There are more Cubs fans than Sox fans and it's ridiculous to believe otherwise.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
There are more Cubs fans than Sox fans and it's ridiculous to believe otherwise.

That may possibly have been true at one point a while back, but its nonsense to believe its so now.

Nonsense. Completely. Guys like Greenburg and companies like HBO, MasterCard, think theyve got the pulse of America, but these bozos are a week late and $20 bucks short. Basically what I told him, was

that REGURGITATING the same thing over and over, isnt really working all that hard. True, that fanbase is one of the dumbest in all of sports, and will fall down running to spend their money on crap like this, but then they simply need to just say that instead.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)
That may possibly have been true at one point a while back, but its nonsense to believe its so now.

Nonsense. Completely.

It's nonsense that you believe that. They are trying to get viewers. They're doing it by attracting one of the biggest fanbases in America.

The Cubs are simply more popular and have a bigger fan base than the Sox.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)

The fact that you were interested enough to send an email is all that they want. There is no such thing as bad publicity when your goal is ratings.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
They are trying to get viewers. They're doing it by attracting one of the biggest fanbases in America.

Well, that much I believe, that they are trying to get viewers (sheep). As I said, that fanbase is the dumbest in all of sports, and HBO could produce that same piece differently 5 yrs in a row, with the same content, and those monkeys would fall down running to their TV's to watch it year after year. No,

Im sure that much they know ........ But lets take it easy Mr. Ross Greenburg ............. this isnt a Groundbreaking, Never been told before piece. Hes taking the easy way out

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 04:14 PM)

Nonsense. Completely. Guys like Greenburg and companies like HBO, MasterCard, think theyve got the pulse of America, but these bozos are a week late and $20 bucks short. Basically what I told him, was

that REGURGITATING the same thing over and over, isnt really working all that hard. True, that fanbase is one of the dumbest in all of sports, and will fall down running to spend their money on crap like this, but then they simply need to just say that instead.

You know what? You're wrong. There isn't any need to explain this either, because everyone who has read this thread or is still going to read this thread will know you are wrong.

I honestly believe nobody thinks you are right about this.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 04:26 PM)
Well, that much I believe, that they are trying to get viewers (sheep). As I said, that fanbase is the dumbest in all of sports, and HBO could produce that same piece differently 5 yrs in a row, with the same content, and those monkeys would fall down running to their TV's to watch it year after year. No,

Im sure that much they know ........ But lets take it easy Mr. Ross Greenburg ............. this isnt a Groundbreaking, Never been told before piece. Hes taking the easy way out

The administrators and moderators of Soxtalk.com have created a new discipline policy for the boards. There are no exemptions to these policies. New posters, long time posters, moderators and administrators will all expected to follow this policy.

Slurs and crude sexual terminology will not be tolerated. There is no reason that people, situations, etc. need to be described in such a disgusting manner on the board.

*snip*

First offense: Ten (10) day suspension.

Second offense: Thirty (30) day suspension.

Third offense: Sixty (60) day suspension.

Fourth offense: Banned.

We would ask that this site become much more about debate then attacking one's viewpoints. That is what makes Soxtalk great, not the ability to be vulgar. Please follow these guidelines.

I don't interpret it as a slur but a reminder that people need to watch what they say.

Also, if stuff like this annoys you, add the person to your ignore list. We don't want to have to deal with this crap.

I'm going to add to this even though it was closed.

In the post at attempting to explain our policy, I even mentioned this, and it bears mentioning again.

Please quit following people around and playing post police just because you don't like them.

If you have a problem with a post, tell a mod, and let them handle it if it is deemed appropriate to deal with, PLEASE!

Thank you.