7/13 Games

danman31

Charlotte lost 3-0. 2 hits for the offense. Redding 7 IP, 3 R. Hermanson 1 IP, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 hit. Box Score

Birmingham lost 2-1. They were in a rain delay mid 4 so Russell only got to pitch 3 innings. His line: 3 IP, 0 R, 3 K, 2 BB, 1 hit in his AA debut. Collaro with an RBI triple. Box Score

Winston-Salem lost 12-6. De Los Santos 3-5 with an RBI and a run. Kelly 2-4, 2 RBI, walk. Liotta rocked. Box Score

Kanny lost 10-6. Brandon Allen showing signs of life with 2 3 run HRs, numbers 5 and 6 on the year. Brooks shelled. Box Score

Great Falls lost 15-4. Lawrence 3-3. Gilbert, Garcia, Cruz 2 hits each. Box Score

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 13, 2006 -> 09:30 PM)
By Liotta rocked you must've meant that he sucked, and unbelivably hard at that.

And he was rated how highly on our top-prospects list preseason?

Tell me, because I'm continuing to doubt everyday, who exactly do we have to look forward to? Lumsden and Sweeney as far as I'm concerned.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)

Tell me, because I'm continuing to doubt everyday, who exactly do we have to look forward to? Lumsden and Sweeney as far as I'm concerned.

Considering you are a pessimist with prospects why in the hell would you look forward to a guy who can't hit for power and hasn't hit .300 in any level of full season ball?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 12:06 AM)

Fields, who probably will be our top prospect going into next season.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 12:19 AM)
Considering you are a pessimist with prospects why in the hell would you look forward to a guy who can't hit for power and hasn't hit .300 in any level of full season ball?

I'm not entirely sold on him either. Atleast his swing doesn't have a noticeable hole, such as Fields. His relatively low OBP is a concern, but as a far as power, that can always be developed later. From what I reclall in pictures and spring training, he's hardly filled out his figure.

Really, you're only reinforcing my point. Is it that bad in our system that what I have to look forward to is a light hitting OF and a power lefty unable to miss bats? Someone, anyone, tell me what to look forward to? It's honestly enough to vomit over my keyboard.

I intentionally left out Fields because I honestly believe he'll be traded. I've had a change of opinion after reading posts from people explaining his value may decrease if moved. If this organization were concerned with developing him for the ballclub, they would have moved him to LF by now. Why wait, exactly? I doubt he's rotting in Charlotte for another several seasons, waiting for Crede's arbitration years to run out.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 03:44 PM)
Really, you're only reinforcing my point. Is it that bad in our system that what I have to look forward to is a light hitting OF and a power lefty unable to miss bats? Someone, anyone, tell me what to look forward to? It's honestly enough to vomit over my keyboard.

Flash I have a question for you, or you could call it a task. :D

I'd like you to look at the 28 other teams in Major League Baseball (besides your beloved farm system of the Twins containing such favorites as Matt Garza and Glen Perkins), and have a look at their farm system. Do they have the possible high impact players you are looking for? But then, have a look at how that team is doing in the majors this season.

But then also look at the prospects we had in our system, like Gio Gonzalez who could be the Phillies top prospect right now, and how he was traded to help our team NOW.