7/14 Game Thread: White Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:37 AM)
Agreed, he pitched over Ozuna's misplay but Dye not getting to that ball hurt, mixed with the umpire's blindness that one inning.

I really hope that Dye's just a little injured right now, because if this is the speed he's going to go at in the outfield, it's really going to hurt our pitchers.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 08:37 PM)
Brad Lidge?

He of the 23 walks and 60 hits in 43 IP?

I think he'd be the one guy in all of baseball who could benefit the most by a change of scenery.

Him or Cliff?

nice job Jimmy.

post-127-1127192675.gif

Use it, PK.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
That wasn't said at all when the Tigers were losing to the Red Sox and Yankees. It was mostly "they can't beat the good teams... they'll fade." Well, same could be said about the Sox.

Exactamundo

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
Why do I get the feeling that there are people in NY snickering that the player Ozzie put in to save the ASG is now in facing that same manager three days later to win a game against him?

Ozzie should have put in Jenks and AJP in the 9th of the ASG.

Does it really matter?

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
you mean they won't s*** on themselves in august. please. They need a trade. You ahve to beat good teams to be considered good.

Let's see if you can follow this.

1) go to the white sox season schedule for 2005

2) calculate their win/loss record during the regular season against boston and new york (I'll give you a hint - it was 5-7)

3) stop overreacting and act like you've been there before as a fan, because we have

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
That wasn't said at all when the Tigers were losing to the Red Sox and Yankees. It was mostly "they can't beat the good teams... they'll fade." Well, same could be said about the Sox.

What does it matter. It's not like the players were saying it. Who cares what the people on this board have said.