7/14 Game Thread: White Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
I don't really think 4 ER over 7 is "solid". Neither is 2+ ER in .2 IP by the bullpen.

Unless you mean we ran into some solid pitching...

Against the Yankees, I'll take Contreras start every time. He didn't get a lot of help from the umpires/defense tonight.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
Um, why isn't Crede at 3rd?

Probably because of that time he got beaned early in the game. Still I blame this loss 100% on Ozzie for over-managing. Something he did a lot in the last 2 seasons and I thought he turned a corner this season.... Obviously thought wrong.

Ozzie is such a pathetic in game manager. Seriously, I can't stand him sometimes.

Too true. His in-game decision making is awful. This guy needs a good bench coach who he'll actually listen to. Of course, Ozzie doesn't listen to anyone.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
I really feel awful for Brandon McCarthy sometimes.

I'm Mr. Sunshine and Farts around here, but he needs to be in the rotation, and we need to move Garcia.

I'd love to have Lidge in our pen right about now.

TAD

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
I don't really think 4 ER over 7 is "solid".

By today's standards, it can be, depends on if it was one bad inning and such.

Jose should of been lifted to start the 8th, or left in to get out of it.

Just the micro managing gets on my nerves.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)
Too true. His in-game decision making is awful. This guy needs a good bench coach who he'll actually listen to. Of course, Ozzie doesn't listen to anyone.

I just can't stand how stationary we've become on offense. The way he handled extra innings against Boston was pathetic. We can't keep sitting around waiting for the 3 run homer, especially against good pitching.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)

Totally agree, it's a shame Nossek had to retire, he would have been so perfect for Ozzie.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
I'm Mr. Sunshine and Farts around here, but he needs to be in the rotation, and we need to move Garcia.

TAD

Brad Lidge?

He of the 23 walks and 60 hits in 43 IP?

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)

TAD

at this point i'd rather have a bat... i mean... better pitchers wouldnt have saved us from tonight... would flash have gotten us out of it without a run??

if it had been managed well we would have probably given up one... but BMAC wouldnt have s*** himself like cotts did

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
Against the Yankees, I'll take Contreras start every time. He didn't get a lot of help from the umpires/defense tonight.

Agreed, he pitched over Ozuna's misplay but Dye not getting to that ball hurt, mixed with the umpire's blindness that one inning.