7/14 Game Thread: White Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
If Contreras ends up having an excellent outing tonight I expect Widger to be praised. If you're going to drag him through the mud when the starters suck, I expect him to be be praised when they excel.

nah, it'll be luck.

Say what you want about the Yankee line up, but I have talked to some Yankee fans at the gym and they actually like their team. Veterans mixed with some young guys who wanna win, like it was back in the late 90's. They would obviously like some pitching help though.

If Melky Cabrera has a good game, guess I can't be surprised.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
If Contreras ends up having an excellent outing tonight I expect Widger to be praised. If you're going to drag him through the mud when the starters suck, I expect him to be be praised when they excel.

Agreed. To already blast him in the 1st inning, for no reason as it seems...who knows where the ball was and it didn't hurt us, is ridiculous.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 06:16 PM)
So, is this going to be a long night? Or a lot of bulls*** calls like that one on both sides? If I had to guess, I'd say the Yanks are going to have a good night.

I don't know how the game will go from here, but if you look at what's already happened-- pathetic out from Ozuna, Widge scratching his balls, WIDE zone from Johnson, it's just one of those games where you feel things will get worse.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 06:20 PM)
So, who wants to guess our CF has a great defensive series, prompting the NY media to go a little nuts over his glove?

Then again, Mack will probably start tomorrow.

I agree, he will put on a better clinc than rowand.