Garcia/Garland to the mets?

beautox

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 04:18 PM)
Aaron Heilman? Sanchez? He would get rocked in the AL. Milledge? Nice prospect. Doesn't do jack for us this year and maybe next.

sanchez is stud, and, granted milledge may not help much this year. he's s***LOADS better than BA right NOW and has the potential to be a perennial all-star

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
How are you gonna tell a guy before the season starts that's he's gonna be in the 'pen, then mid-season throw him into the rotation when he's just now finally starting to adjust to his role?

Ask Fransisco Liriano how he handled that.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
sanchez is stud, and, granted milledge may not help much this year. he's s***LOADS better than BA right NOW and has the potential to be a perennial all-star

Milledge of the .283 OBP?

s***loads, huh?

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 04:25 PM)
Milledge of the .283 OBP?

s***loads, huh?

He walked 4 times in 94 plate appearances and displayed suspect defense in the outfield, I guess the 3 HRs in 85 ABs makes him better than Anderson.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
Ask Fransisco Liriano how he handled that.

Liriano made his first start on May 19th. So that's not excactly mid-season. And, unlike Liriano, McCarthy has been average at best out of the bullpen. So we're just gonna assume B-mac does what he did at the end of last year if we just throw him into the rotation? That's pretty unrealistic. I realize his long-term future is as a starter. I just don't think he should be one in '06.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
Quality starts stats are the most BS stats there are.

I think they are BS in comparing pitchers with each other, ie. Halladay and Garcia both have 10 QS in 18 games started, but I don't think they are BS wrt what that player does for a particular team. I don't care if it takes 11 htis and 4 walks to let up 3ER or less in 6 or more IP, as long as we get that result for the team. Freddy hasn't been great, nor has he pitched up to his capabilities or the money he earns, but he hasn't been awful either.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 04:22 PM)
You know this how?

like i've said before - bro's a mets fan, i hear almost as much about them as i do about the sox (hyperbole)

milledge is a five tool guy who's ranked #13 overall right now as far as prospects go. sure he wasnt amazing in his time up this year - but 12 ribbies, 3 homers, 2 doubles and 3 triples just goes to show what he is capable of.

(and in any case even his .233 average is better than BA's)

EDIT: oh and he's just turned 21

Edited by Reddy

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)
like i've said before - bro's a mets fan, i hear almost as much about them as i do about the sox (hyperbole)

milledge is a five tool guy who's ranked #13 overall right now as far as prospects go. sure he wasnt amazing in his time up this year - but 12 ribbies, 3 homers, 2 doubles and 3 triples just goes to show what he is capable of.

How many tools does Anderson have again?

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
vs AL in 2006

Heilman 11.0 IP, 8 H, 6 ER, 5 BB, 9 K, 4.90 ERA, 1.18 WHIP

Sanchez 6.0 IP, 8 H, 3 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 4.50 ERA, 1.67 WHIP

two words come to mind.

SAMPLE SIZE

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 04:35 PM)

That does not make him better than Anderson right now. He may have a much higher upside than Anderson but as of right now, I don't see how you can say Milledge and his 4 walks are "s***loads" better than BA.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 14, 2006 -> 04:37 PM)
That does not make him better than Anderson right now. He may have a much higher upside than Anderson but as of right now, I don't see how you can say Milledge and his 4 walks are "s***loads" better than BA.

ah and what about BA's .190 average?

and the 4 walks are in what, 86 at bats? BA's had 182...