Durham says...

aboz56

“I’m sure they know they made a mistake not bringing me back, but I have no hard feelings,” Durham said of the White Sox. “It was their decision. I made it known I wanted to come back and tried to do all I could to help them fit me into their plans. They didn’t want to go that route.”

Bulletin board material for Jimenez. :headbang We sure didn't miss Ray-Ray tonight.

Ugh.

I like Ray, but I'm not paying his ass between 5 and 8 million per year.

Especially when he gets his fits of "I'm a Home Run Hitter"

They don't call him "Warning Track Power" for nothing :D

Ray was good player here for a lot of years. And at times, I've thought we made a mistake not bringing him back. He came into the game hitting .325. Don't you think that might have helped this team get off the schnied a little bit sooner?

With Jimenez, I am surprised that he wasn't pointed at Ray in the dugout...

Oh.. he made an ass of himself later. And got called on it from several of his team mates.

Priceless scene..

A quote..

"he doesn't even play here anymore...." accompanied by a confused, sad, lost look on his face.

And Brando Ray laughed his ass off at the "chick magnet" comment. :lol:

By the way, did anyone see my sign?? :huh:

“I’m sure they know they made a mistake not bringing me back, but I have no hard feelings,” Durham said of the White Sox. “It was their decision. I made it known I wanted to come back and tried to do all I could to help them fit me into their plans. They didn’t want to go that route.”

Bulletin board material for Jimenez. :headbang We sure didn't miss Ray-Ray tonight.

Where is this quote from?

Its not from the Trib, I know that much.

Bulletin board material for Jimenez.   :headbang We sure didn't miss Ray-Ray tonight.

Here is in. It is from Whitesox.com

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cha

Bulletin board material for Jimenez.   :headbang We sure didn't miss Ray-Ray tonight.

Whitesox.mlb.com, Daily Southtown...they have this quote.

Whitesox.mlb.com, Daily Southtown...they have this quote.

link? Cause I'm not finding it anywhere.

It's not in the Sun-Times either.

Here is in. It is from Whitesox.com

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cha

Thanks ss!!

I liked Ray Durham, but just like Jimenez he had his lapses. I know he had said he wanted to return to the Sox, but I question how much he really tried to make that happen. It is probbaly right that we couldn't have gone adfter Colon, if we had given Durham an inflated amount of money. I think the days of the exorbitant contract may be gone except for a few marque players and anyone signing with the Yankees from Cuba or Japan.

I liked Ray Durham, but just like Jimenez he had his lapses. I know he had said he wanted to return to the Sox, but I question how much he really tried to make that happen. It is probbaly right that we couldn't have gone adfter Colon, if we had given Durham an inflated amount of money. I think the days of the exorbitant contract may be gone except for a few marque players and anyone signing with the Yankees from Cuba or Japan.

Ray really wanted to stay here. I can not stress the "reeeeeaaallllyyyy" enough.

And we sure could have gotten Colon. People.. we are not even close to pushing the payroll envelope. We could afford a LOT more than we currently have. The Sox could have paid Ray $10 million a year, gotten Colon, AND left Frank's salary alone and there'd still be $$ left over.

Durham is a hell of a ball player. He is one of the better 2bman in the game.

He and Jimenez bring the same on the field statistically....however, Ray is faster and strikes out a little more. I'd say as far as defense goes....they're probably the same, however, I'd say Ray is second to none as far as turning the DP goes. He is f***ing awesome at that. And he has a much better attitude and a better work ethic then DJ.

However, at their prices, I'd probably rather have DJ. If we could have signed Ray for $5 mill or so....and only given Konerko $3 mill a year....who says we couldn't have gotten Colon?

Ray really wanted to stay here. I can not stress the "reeeeeaaallllyyyy" enough.

And we sure could have gotten Colon. People.. we are not even close to pushing the payroll envelope. We could afford a LOT more than we currently have. The Sox could have paid Ray $10 million a year, gotten Colon, AND left Frank's salary alone and there'd still be $$ left over.

The more I hear the more I wonder about Reinsdorf. If we have the money what's wrong with these guys in the upper luxury box? If we have the money then why not be trying to sign Colon to a long term deal? Sign Buerhle?

What's the take?

The only mistake with Durham was KW trading him away for nothing last season. He's not worth what he would have been asking for. JMO though

What is it that you think he was asking for? What would have been FMV for Ray?

However, at their prices, I'd probably rather have DJ.  If we could have signed Ray for $5 mill or so....and only given Konerko $3 mill a year....who says we couldn't have gotten Colon?

Konerko wouldn't have taken only 3 million a year...