7/15 Game Thread White Sox vs. Yankees

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:07 PM)
I expect him to be a great pticher on a playoff contending team.

So do I. But saying that "he's lost it" after three bad starts is asinine.

What happened in 2003? Nothing.

14-14, 4.13 ERA, 1.35 WHIP. Not very good numbers for an ace. But he turned it around after that.

Buehrle needs to get his crap together fast. someone posted his last 3 starts, the stats are horrible with nothing clear in sight of him being better.

That last part makes absolutely no sense.

Something is up with buehrle.

Yeah, he's pitching like crap right now. But you're acting like it's never happened before.

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
July hot streak or not, Brian Anderson is still the least productive hitter in our lineup. Furthermore, if this team doesn't acquire pitching, we're going to have to outslug teams. Andruw Jones would be a great addition especially with my expectation that the rest of the hitters won't continue on their pace.

If Anderson keeps hitting like this for the rest of the season, I'm obviously wrong. But I don't think he will.

Brian Anderson is not the problem with this team....it's the starting rotation. Why give up young talent for something that isn't a HUGE concern.

If Anderson hits .200-.220 I'll be ecstatic, especially with how he started.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:12 PM)
I know were not playing well, but I also get the impression that Joe Bucks just hates the Sox. That was obivous during the AL playoffs and world series last year.

Let's get some runs!!! We're a better team then this.

I think people are just spoiled by Hawk's homerism, and anyone who doesn't state the Sox are the greatest team ever is automatically described as a Sox hater. I don't have a problem with Buck's announcing. It's a hell of a lot better than Berman.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
If the pen holds(no reason it cant) there is still plenty of time to make a game of it....

you mean win or just get closer? I really don't care unless they win. But man I am so looking forward to andersen getting over 200. Its like when George Brett was chasing 400. same feeling.

QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
I am wondering if we should put McCarthay in the starting rotation at some point?

His long sessions in the pen have made me comfortable with dealing Freddy at this point.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:14 PM)
I think people are just spoiled by Hawk's homerism, and anyone who doesn't state the Sox are the greatest team ever is automatically described as a Sox hater. I don't have a problem with Buck's announcing. It's a hell of a lot better than Berman.

No, Buck is definitely worse than other announcers on national telecasts. Even the opposing teams' broadcast crews that I listen to over Extra Innings give the Sox more props than Buck.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
Brian Anderson is not the problem with this team....it's the starting rotation. Why give up young talent for something that isn't a HUGE concern.

If Anderson hits .200-.220 I'll be ecstatic, especially with how he started.

I agree with you. But there's a good chance we might not be able to upgrade our rotation. If that's the case, I think we should improve other parts of the team. So it goes to reason that a CF who hits .270 with 35-40 bombs would be an upgrade over Anderson.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)
I agree with you. But there's a good chance we might not be able to upgrade our rotation. If that's the case, I think we should improve other parts of the team. So it goes to reason that a CF who hits .270 with 35-40 bombs would be an upgrade over Anderson.

no Javy and BMAC put in the rotation IS an upgrade.

if you can get Flash for Javy our pitching is heavily improved

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:16 PM)

or a left fielder who can hit 40 homers and actually throw a ball to home on one hop.

So....we're gonna sell off the farm for Andruw Jones?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
We really should. It would be hard to be worse than some of our starters have been.

Why would we want a starter who can actually keep the opposition off-balanced at the plate?

Pitching >>>>>> Hitting.

If we give up young talent for that much offensive output, there is no reason we cant get a quality starting pitcher.