7/15 Game Thread White Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
Jim Abbott could pitch better than Politte, right handed.

(I know I'm going to hell for that one)

Hell no, that's funny. Maybe Abbott could be our new left fielder. He's better defensively than what we have out there, and he could take 3 pitches and sit down easily also.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
Tiger pitchers throw 95-100 miles per hour. If they miss there spots they still get people out. Our "crafty" pitchers miss there spots and its lights out.

That's exactly right. I remember Hawk talking a couple years ago about all the guys the Sox had in their organization that threw 95 and up. What happened?

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
Roberto Hernandez = a lot of baserunners, which I guess is better than Cliff Politte = a lof of baserunners and a lot of runs.

Roberto Hernandez = friends with Ozzie Guillen = very likely to end up with White Sox.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
Jason Johnson.

Remember how people said that guys career record wasn't that big of a deal because he played for the O's and D'Rays, and how he's an upgrade over Scott Elarton?

That would be stupid. Why trade someone with the upside of a Tracey for a has been like Henandez? Tracey could probably do everything Roberto could at this point, so why take on the salary?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
That's exactly right. I remember Hawk talking a couple years ago about all the guys the Sox had in their organization that threw 95 and up. What happened?

Maybe we can keep getting Angels cast-offs, as they have no problem developing power pitchers.

QUOTE(chisoxt @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:42 PM)
That would be stupid. Why trade someone with the upside of a Tracey for a has been like Henandez? Tracey could probably do everything Roberto could at this point, so why take on the salary?

Because Ozzie hates Tracey.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
We've been saying that for like the past 6 outings.

i know and two years ago ozzie would just cut him and move on. Now he feels like he owes them something. He is breaking his own rules. I think it will take one more outing for cliff to be gone.

Its time right now for KW to tell Politte if he wants to continue pitching he can go to Charlotte or he can be released and pitch for another organization's AAA affiliate. I knew Politte would suck in March. If they still think he has a chance to be helpful other than pitching batting practice, they are out of their minds.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
Maybe we can keep getting Angels cast-offs, as they have no problem developing power pitchers.

Because Ozzie hates Tracey.

As much as I admire this organization for winning a WC, I often cringe at the way that they do business sometimes. For instance, for years, KW has had this thing for Javier Vasquez and was bound and determined to get him. Well they got him all right. And now they see why he has been such a dissapointment for other teams.

Yes, you are correct, they hate Tracey and will likely dump him for nothing in return, while as we speak, the current starting rotation rots on the vine. Like Jon Rauch, Tracey made a mistake. Why not give him a second chance?

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:29 PM)
In the meantime we need to stop drafting crafty guys who top off at 92.

Yeah, it would've been a damn shame if we'd have had Maddux and Glavine, "crafty" guys who don't throw that hard, on our staff back in the '90s. :rolly

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jenks and Turnbow. If they had kept those guys, the Angels may have had one of the best bullpens in history.

Joel Peralta also looked pretty good against us last year. He was claimed by the Royals in the offseason.

I think Proctor was almost traded to the White Sox for Scott Schoenweis back in July of 2004, but Scott went on the DL.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)
Its time right now for KW to tell Politte if he wants to continue pitching he can go to Charlotte or he can be released and pitch for another organization's AAA affiliate. I knew Politte would suck in March. If they still think he has a chance to be helpful other than pitching batting practice, they are out of their minds.

^^^

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)

I agree with everything you say but I really can't get all that worked up about Politte. He's the mop up guy in the bullpen. We're not losing these games to the Yanks/Red Sox by relying on Politte. This game was over when our All-Star starting pitcher gave up 8 runs through 3 innings. Trying to figure out what to do with our starting staff should be KW's first priority.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
I agree with everything you say but I really can't get all that worked up about Politte. He's the mop up guy in the bullpen. We're not losing these games to the Yanks/Red Sox by relying on Politte. This game was over when our All-Star starting pitcher gave up 8 runs through 3 innings. Trying to figure out what to do with our starting staff should be KW's first priority.

You're right, its not his fault they are getting killed today. The problem is he is taking up a valuable roster spot, a spot that could be used for someone who actually could get someone out once in a while. If KW isn't going to be able to upgrade the rotation, strengthening the bullpen is the next best thing. There will be a time where Politte's roster spot will be very important.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)

As long as you can guarantee that those guys in your sig can be significantly more productive in the AL than what we would give up, I'm all for it...