7/15 Game Thread White Sox vs. Yankees

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
while puking all over himself.

oh i know, i'm not saying ozzie shouldnt have pulled him... just ... being a sad sox fan right now...

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[stating the obvious] The White Sox now have only one starting pitcher with an ERA under 4.40. That's not a bad stretch of pitching. That is a bad season of starting pitching (so far). [/stating the obvious]

Does anyone really think we should just stand pat with this rotation and completely rely on the offense to both get us into the playoffs and win us another WS? This team, as currently constituted doesn't win even one playoff series (if it gets that far).

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:59 PM)
It's a bit premature to say that Mark "has lost it," especially if there's no evidence of injury or diminished skills. Agreed that he's pitched like crap in his last three or so starts, but he didn't have a very good season in '03 and rebounded from that nicely.

I expect him to be a great pticher on a playoff contending team. I really don't care if he rebounded in 2003. What happened in 2003? Nothing. Buehrle needs to get his crap together fast. someone posted his last 3 starts, the stats are horrible with nothing clear in sight of him being better. Again 51 pitches today, means more stress on the bullpen. Something is up with buehrle. You will go through more bullpen today and have a 5 era pitcher on the mound tommorrow with a huge series coming up against detriot. Sounds like a stressful time for our bullpen pitchers who blew the game yesterday as well.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:03 PM)
Is it me or does Joe Buck intensely hate the White Sox

He seemed to be almost pouting during that Thome home run

I got that impression during last year's playoffs as well. He seemed less than enthusiastic after a Sox win.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:05 PM)
He rarely is having bad AB's anymore.

Even before his hot streak started, he was putting decent ab's together. I'm still a little nervous about his bat, but, I feel a lot better than I did a month ago.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
Frankensteiner.....why do we need a new CF? Enlighten us.

i think we should stick w/ BA and trade Mark Buehrle for Barry Zito.

(joking...mostly)

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
[stating the obvious] The White Sox now have only one starting pitcher with an ERA under 4.40. That's not a bad stretch of pitching. That is a bad season of starting pitching (so far). [/stating the obvious]

Does anyone really think we should just stand pat with this rotation and completely rely on the offense to both get us into the playoffs and win us another WS? This team, as currently constituted doesn't win even one playoff series (if it gets that far).

We're looking at the 2001-4 White Sox with a better bullpen.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:00 PM)
this is the first I've heard, but Farmer says the flu is running through this team

it would be nice if he would have mention this in the pregame show, by doing it now it just looks like some crap excuse.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:07 PM)
Frankensteiner.....why do we need a new CF? Enlighten us.

July hot streak or not, Brian Anderson is still the least productive hitter in our lineup. Furthermore, if this team doesn't acquire pitching, we're going to have to outslug teams. Andruw Jones would be a great addition especially with my expectation that the rest of the hitters won't continue on their pace.

If Anderson keeps hitting like this for the rest of the season, I'm obviously wrong. But I don't think he will.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:11 PM)
Riske's good when he throws strikes. As anybody can be.

So.....throw some strikes, David.

he's done well.

riske was a helluva pickup

Edited by Reddy

I know were not playing well, but I also get the impression that Joe Bucks just hates the Sox. That was obivous during the AL playoffs and world series last year.

Let's get some runs!!! We're a better team then this.