7/15 Game Thread White Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
Pitching >>>>>> Hitting.

If we give up young talent for that much offensive output, there is no reason we cant get a quality starting pitcher.

Sure there is....it's called availability.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
Can you find a stretch in his career where he has an ERA of 14 over three games? Seems to me, this hasn't happened before.

Perhaps not, but Buehrle has definitely had his share of bad games before. And three bad starts isn't enough to suggest that "he's lost it."

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
did they do things like this for US last year? i hate the national media...

i'm a bit bitter today

I'll gladly listen to Buck announce more of our games....as that would mean that we've gone far in the playoffs.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
So do I. But saying that "he's lost it" after three bad starts is asinine.

14-14, 4.13 ERA, 1.35 WHIP. Not very good numbers for an ace. But he turned it around after that.

That last part makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, he's pitching like crap right now. But you're acting like it's never happened before.

I am saying he has not pitched well and it seems as if he is continuing his slide with nothing positive to talk about. I am also saying I could care less what he did in 2003. To use your term, asinine is the way Buehrle is pitching.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:19 PM)
Perhaps not, but Buehrle has definitely had his share of bad games before. And three bad starts isn't enough to suggest that "he's lost it."

Buehrle was 1-10 in '03 if you'll remember... then went 13-4

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
We should get Johan Freakin Santan. His team is farther out of the playoff race than Jones'

The only reason anyone's brought up Jones name is that there are published reports saying we inquired about him. Also....it's pointless to trade for Santana, as we'd just end up letting Widger catching for him.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:21 PM)
We should get Johan Freakin Santan. His team is farther out of the playoff race than Jones'

it would be retarded to trade for jones... we'd have to give up WAAAY too much and offense isnt our problem.

were at like 5 and a half runs per game this year... we just need pitching. end of story.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
Well, if they're asking for the farm then no. If they want Josh Fields or Anderson, I'd give it to them.

All I know is that I really hope we use Fields as trade bait. His stock is sky-high right now, and a lot of teams would love to have a 3b of the future like him.