7/15 Game Thread White Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 02:52 PM)
Yeah, it would've been a damn shame if we'd have had Maddux and Glavine, "crafty" guys who don't throw that hard, on our staff back in the '90s. :rolly

since your living in the past, I will take Bob Gibson, and sandy koufax over maddux and glavine.

I would just let Cliff pitch the rest of the way. After today we should be 4 up for the Wild card and 4 out for the division. Eitherway the door is quickly closing.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
After our performance against the AL East this year, people are going to start saying we're overrated. And they might be right. The only AL East team we've been any good against is the Orioles.

I agree they are right. and I am worried about our net west coast trip in september because those guys will make trades and get better and we usually have issues on the west coast. All in all its not positive right now.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After our performance against the AL East this year, people are going to start saying we're overrated. And they might be right. The only AL East team we've been any good against is the Orioles.

I don't give two s***s about people's opinions anymore. Just give me results.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)

Lord knows we've been saying that about the Tigers.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
since your living in the past, I will take Bob Gibson, and sandy koufax over maddux and glavine.

And I'll raise you Cy Young and Ed Walsh.

But that doesn't change the fact that "maxing out at 92" isn't necessarily a negative for a pitcher. I thought that this was common knowledge, but apparently not.

QUOTE(WCSox @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)
And I'll raise you Cy Young and Ed Walsh.

But that doesn't change the fact that "maxing out at 92" isn't necessarily a negative for a pitcher. I thought that this was common knowledge, but apparently not.

i would just rather have power pitchers. personal preference.

I say, we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind.

Cause your friends dont dance and if they dont dance then they're, no friends of mine

I say, we can go where we want to, a place that they will never find.

And we can act like we come from out of this world, leave the real one far behind!

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:12 PM)
I say, we can dance if we want to, we can leave your friends behind.

Cause your friends dont dance and if they dont dance then they're, no friends of mine

I say, we can go where we want to, a place that they will never find.

And we can act like we come from out of this world, leave the real one far behind!

u so crazie...

We can go when we want to, the night is young and so am I.

And we can dress real neat from our hats to our feet and surprise them with the victory pride.

I say, we can act if we want to, if we don't no body will.

And you can act real rude and totally removed, and I can act like an imbusil.

The Cubs are out of the race. Maybe they can just give us Zambrano?

On a serious note, though, why wouldn't the Cubs just have a giant fire sale. Maddsux, Arm-Ram, Zambrano, Prior, Walker, DLee, Howry, Jones, etc. They have some really good players and they can get a lot in return. It's not like their fans can't get drunk while watching a young team.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:13 PM)
I can't believe some of you guys. Why don't you just stop watching the team now, or go jump on another team's bandwagon. Does anybody remember what we went through last September? This is horses*** compared to that. We're struggling right now. It happens.

Our pitchers have been struggling for.. 2 months now, and have shown no signs of life.