7/15 Game Thread White Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
The Cubs are out of the race. Maybe they can just give us Zambrano?

On a serious note, though, why wouldn't the Cubs just have a giant fire sale. Maddsux, Arm-Ram, Zambrano, Prior, Walker, DLee, Howry, Jones, etc. They have some really good players and they can get a lot in return. It's not like their fans can't get drunk while watching a young team.

Maddux is 2-12 with an era at around 6 since may. Prior has little to no trade value due to injuries. Zambrano isn't going anywhere. Lee isn't going anywhere. You're right about the others. I could even see Jones ending up with the Tigers.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
Our pitchers have been struggling for.. 2 months now, and have shown no signs of life.

Mark has sucked for 3 starts. Jose has been alright. Garland has been very good in his last 5 starts. Freddy and Javy are struggling. It hasn't been for two months, though.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:14 PM)
Jenks sucks in non-save situations.

He hasn't pitched that well in his last three or four appearances. Today's a good day for him to work through it.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
Mark has sucked for 3 starts. Jose has been alright. Garland has been very good in his last 5 starts. Freddy and Javy are struggling. It hasn't been for two months, though.

Jose has been horrid since coming off the DL. Don't even try to play that card.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 01:18 PM)
Well, we definately need new pitchers. Hopefully KW knows what to do.

Outside of maybe another veteran bullpen arm, we're pretty much stuck with what we have.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:16 PM)
Maddux is 2-12 with an era at around 6 since may. Prior has little to no trade value due to injuries. Zambrano isn't going anywhere. Lee isn't going anywhere. You're right about the others. I could even see Jones ending up with the Tigers.

Maddux is at least as effective as Vaz and Garcia and we're actually talking about trying to pry Lastings Milledge for one of them in trade winds. I think he's got some value. I disagree about Prior also, he still has value and potential. Get him away from that mess, nurse him back to health with kid gloves and he can still be a great starter in the league. Some team desperate for pitching would be willing to give them a very good prospect, imo.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:20 PM)
Yeah, maybe KW can swing multiple deals for four new starters and three new relievers. That shouldn't be too hard.

Nah, not four. Just one starter atleast. And one veteran arm for the bullpen.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:21 PM)
Hahahaha these announcers are tools.

"Nothing going right for {Anderson] offensively"

"Need someone servicible..."

little do they know how great andersen has been hitting lately. Tearing it up. He is obviously over the hump and the bat for our centerfielder is not an issue.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
little do they know how great andersen has been hitting lately. Tearing it up. He is obviously over the hump and the bat for our centerfielder is not an issue.

Quit it. Now.

:puke thats what i think of the way our starting pitchers have done lately. So far we are 1-3 vs the Beasts from the East. Thats kind of embarressing, you definitely want to play your best vs these teams. Are they better than us? Or our we just in a major funk right now? Buerhle hasn't been good lately, Contreras has been okay but not his dominate self, Freddy is either on or really off, Garland is the 1 bright spot lately, and Javy is just terrible. I hate to whine about a 57 win team at the half, but seriously this team is struggling right now and should have at least 65 wins by now, our offense can only do so much. Kenny needs to do something. Because if the playoffs started tommorow, i expect an early exit.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 03:24 PM)
Apparently its not enough that the Sox are getting blown out; the announcers need to rip on their rookie CF for about 5 minutes.

right because thats not a hole at all (this year). actually Rosenthal just piped up and said we need pitching. that just about covered all the holes in that five minutes.