7/15 Game Thread White Sox vs. Yankees

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:40 PM)
Let's say Pods is gone next year, who leads off? Owens? Please don't say Tad.

Who cares on July 15,2006 who is leading off for the White Sox in 2007 if Pods is gone. Hopefully it will be someone who doesn't take a strike, then weakly attempt a bunt at strike 2 and then take a nasty strike 3 and goes and sits down.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)
Odd that Jorge Posada can catch last nights game and todays game, but we have to insert a poor hitting Widger who is a terrible caller of pitches in because we need to rest our catcher.

AJ hadn't played in nearly a week. I think Widger played because Johnson was on the mound and he took him deep last year.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:50 PM)
AJ hadn't played in nearly a week. I think Widger played because Johnson was on the mound and he took him deep last year.

Again that was last year. This years Chris Widger is a shadow of last years. THis years Chris Widger is every lefty pitchers b****.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
I disagree.

Outside of Contreras being out two weeks, what other injuries have our starters have? The Cubs haven't really had their starters all healthy for an extended period. Don't get me wrong though, outside of Zambrano, their starters suck.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
If that's true, that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Actually, I agreed with Widger playing. We saw with Thome last night how difficult RJ is on lefties.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:54 PM)
Outside of Contreras being out two weeks, what other injuries have our starters have? The Cubs haven't really had their starters all healthy for an extended period. Don't get me wrong though, outside of Zambrano, their starters suck.

Well someone needs to explain how Freddy lost so much on his fast ball in a year. The clock didnt suddenly strike 40 on him.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 12:51 PM)
If that's true, that's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Lefties have also historically struggled against Johnson. I'm sure Widger catching wasn't to give AJ a rest. He hadn't played since Sunday.

Actually, I agreed with Widger playing. We saw with Thome last night how difficult RJ is on lefties.

AJ would of given us a fightin chance. Widger is worthless up at the plate. We migh as well let the pitcher hit and DH him.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:54 PM)
Well someone needs to explain how Freddy lost so much on his fast ball in a year. The clock didnt suddenly strike 40 on him.

I definitely think it's too late in the season to still be using the injury excuse for Garcia.

As I said earlier, outside of Jose, our pitchers look like they're having arm problems.

Velocity is down across the board.

QUOTE(TheHolyBovine @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
As I said earlier, outside of Jose, our pitchers look like they're having arm problems.

Velocity is down across the board.

Well, our starters also throw as many pitches as anyone in baseball over the last two seasons.