Cliff Politte DFA'd

Kalapse

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 10:48 PM)
Could not agree with you more but I will go a step further, I think they've already identified what they want to do. The trick is getting another team to go along.

I think -- and I hope -- that you are 100 percent correct.

We need to stop the bleeding -- and quickly.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think -- and I hope -- that you are 100 percent correct.

We need to stop the bleeding -- and quickly.

Well this was a seemingly small move but it comes at a perfect time. It's a wake up call. A guy who was an important part of the World Series team ... launched unceremoniously in the middle of a road trip. As a player, what does that say to you. To me it says get your ass in gear.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
Looks like contrary to what a lot a people have said, Sean gets another chance.

And I'm very much glad to see it. You'd hate to see the organization really be mad at the kid based on that game.

How has Sean been doing since he was sent down?

Politte is done. He's a nice guy, but as I said before so is my next door neighbor and I don't want him pitching for the White Sox. Hopefully Cliff could hook up with Detroit or the Yankees, some team the Sox may have to battle with to get in the playoffs, because he is and will be batting practice. I'm glad Tracey is being given a chance, if he blows up or starts walking guys at an alarming rate, I'm sure KW will do something about it or maybe even Coop will fix him.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 06:03 PM)
Yeah I always knew the person who said they had a source Tracey would never play for the sox was a bunch of bs. It didnt make sense at all..... Im not saying the poster is a liar im just saying his source is garbage.

That's pretty harsh. Maybe Ozzie's sensitivity training paid off for Tracey. I think Ozzie thought of Tracey after the Texas incident much the same way he felt of Arnie Munoz, a guy who if he struck out every batter he saw this spring would not have been on the White Sox roster.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 06:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah I always knew the person who said they had a source Tracey would never play for the sox was a bunch of bs. It didnt make sense at all..... Im not saying the poster is a liar im just saying his source is garbage.

Fathom, care to comment?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)
Any chance Clifford accepts a AAA assignment?

I wouldn't be surprised. KW is probably going to try and find a major league job for him. If there isn't anything I would imagine Charlotte is just as nice as any other place he may land, unless he just wants to go home and rest and maybe see if someone will give him a shot in the spring.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
That's pretty harsh. Maybe Ozzie's sensitivity training paid off for Tracey. I think Ozzie thought of Tracey after the Texas incident much the same way he felt of Arnie Munoz, a guy who if he struck out every batter he saw this spring would not have been on the White Sox roster.

Ozzie might feel that way about Tracey, but KW's opinion trumps Ozzie's.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
Ozzie might feel that way about Tracey, but KW's opinion trumps Ozzie's.

KW's not going to put a guy on the roster that Ozzie wouldn't put into a game. I don't understand how people on this board don't want to believe Ozzie's huge influence on the roster. I understand KW likes to flex his muscles every now and then, but he's knows better than to disreguard Ozzie's view on certain players.

QUOTE(Contreras @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
It's a shame, but it had to be done. I hope Clifford has a miraculous turnaround and big success in the majors (well, in the NL, anyway).

I think its a longshot Politte is ever more than a mop-up guy again. 3 out of the past 4 seasons he's been pretty pathetic.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 06:22 PM)
KW's not going to put a guy on the roster that Ozzie wouldn't put into a game. I don't understand how people on this board don't want to believe Ozzie's huge influence on the roster. I understand KW likes to flex his muscles every now and then, but he's knows better than to disreguard Ozzie's view on certain players.

I never stated KW disregards Ozzie's views on players, or that Ozzie doesn't have influence on the roster.

KW's and Ozzie's roster decisions don't have to coincide, and when they don't, KW has the power to trump Ozzie's say.

QUOTE(shoota @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 06:38 PM)
I never stated KW disregards Ozzie's views on players, or that Ozzie doesn't have influence on the roster.

KW's and Ozzie's roster decisions don't have to coincide, and when they don't, KW has the power to trump Ozzie's say.

If Ozzie feels strongly that he doesn't want someone on the roster, he won't be on the roster. Until recently, maybe after watching Politte pitch too much, he apparently felt that way about Tracey.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 15, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)
Fathom, care to comment?

I stand by the information 100 pct that Ozzie went off on him with a minor league coach. It's from the same source that told me about the Mariotti/Ozzie incident at 8 PM the night before the news broke (as Flash will confirm).

Edited by fathom